So I noticed something...

LapX

Sometimes when I am tired and bored (damn Altis Life (Arma 3 mod) server that is always full) I go on a big trip where I want to do something really complicated and long (at least for most people). I onced totally cleaned my hard drive of all the crap I had installed, I re-installed my 3D vision monitor just to play a game for 30 minutes before re-putting my 3 monitor setup all back together because it remembered me that it's crap. I also did a bunch of other stuff I don't remember, and now I am downloading windows server to put on my second computer for running game servers for me and my friends... but theres more, I also have to re-locate it and transform an old router to a switch so it can have ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi.

By the way, it's got a green drive, is it too slow for a game server ? (before I do anything) It already takes it like 5 minutes to boot win7.

But returning to my original point, do you do this kind of stuff ? Go into this sort of trip ?

Edit : After writing this, I'm too tired anyways, I cant setup a server. wtf am I doing.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

You gave very little specs about this "server" to comment about what it's capable of doing.

But when I get into these spouts of "I wanna do something", I write software to sell.

You gave very little specs about this "server" to comment about what it's capable of doing.

But when I get into these spouts of "I wanna do something", I write software to sell.

I know but the only limiting factor I could think of is the hard drive. Anyway, would it affect performance on this server to the point where it would be painfull to play ? Arma 3 for example. Wait maybe it can't even run an Arma 3 server now that I remember how much RAM it has...

i7 930 @ 2.8GHz (4 cores, 8 thread) Stock cooler

6GB Kinston value ram

Radeon 7790 (doesn't do anything on the server side but the motherboard doesn't have any display port since it's LGA 1366

WD 1TB green drive

P6X58D-E

I think you don't need more information than that. It wouldn't be on 24/7.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Well If I'm bored... I go to sleep...

That's the bad part, I can't even go to sleep most of the time.

I know but the only limiting factor I could think of is the hard drive. Anyway, would it affect performance on this server to the point where it would be painfull to play ? Arma 3 for example. Wait maybe it can't even run an Arma 3 server now that I remember how much RAM it has...

i7 930 @ 2.8GHz (4 cores, 8 thread) Stock cooler

6GB Kinston value ram

Radeon 7790 (doesn't do anything on the server side but the motherboard doesn't have any display port since it's LGA 1366

WD 1TB green drive

P6X58D-E

I think you don't need more information than that. It wouldn't be on 24/7.

It could be painful.  I have no idea how the game is coded to tell you if it caches enough that hard drive performance is not an issue.  No reason not to try it.

It could be painful.  I have no idea how the game is coded to tell you if it caches enough that hard drive performance is not an issue.  No reason not to try it.

I got one reason, my parents are using this computer and they will complain for the time it is down...

I'll probably try it later when I know I got the time. Thanks anyway :)

You could try to build a video game in unity or cryengine...

You could try to build a video game in unity or cryengine...

I tried learning java to late rmake things on android and maybe make a bit of extra money if I made something good but I kind of abandoned that project. I'm going the learn it at school in a month or two anyway.

Do I need to code anything in unity or cryengine ? ANd are they free ? That might interest me.

When I am bored I clean and organize my room

Same then I will start running system mechanics on my laptop.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

I tried learning java to late rmake things on android and maybe make a bit of extra money if I made something good but I kind of abandoned that project. I'm going the learn it at school in a month or two anyway.

Do I need to code anything in unity or cryengine ? ANd are they free ? That might interest me.

Both are free... if you need help just google it...

When I'm really bored I go to Arizona to eat at In N Out... I usually skip wanting to clean or do something else.

Both are free... if you need help just google it...

Ok thanks.

i will just talk to my sexy anime figures. 

or just fap and sleep.

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB