does anyone know where to find a dual graphics compatibility list

JAW96

so parts have started coming in for a build I'm doing, and I was thinking of some possible far future upgrade paths and was "oh, I'll look into dual graphics" and then relized that I could not find info on what was compatible with a A10 6790k for the life of me, so does anyone know where to find a list

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

only compatible with a 6670 or 6570 and its buggy. i had a 6800k.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

A single better gpu will be better than any of the XFIRE possibilities. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6570, 6670, 7750, dual graphics isn't worth it though, you would get more performance getting a dedicated GPU

Here. For whatever reason the graph vanished off of amd's website :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A single better gpu will be better than any of the XFIRE possibilities. 

um, expect this is a lower budget build, so no way I'm going to be picking up a discrete GPU for them

um, expect this is a lower budget build, so no way I'm going to be picking up a discrete GPU for them

I understand that, but when/if they choose to upgrade they shouldn't be selecting a compatible gpu. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Here. For whatever reason the graph vanished off of amd's website :P

thanks

I understand that, but when/if they choose to upgrade they shouldn't be selecting a compatible gpu. 

misunderstood sorry, this was something I was just looking into, because I have heard very mixed things about it, and with the motherboard I selected I could go up to the kaveri APUs at anytime

so parts have started coming in for a build I'm doing, and I was thinking of some possible far future upgrade paths and was "oh, I'll look into dual graphics" and then relized that I could not find info on what was compatible with a A10 6790k for the life of me, so does anyone know where to find a list

Long story short:

A4/A6/A8/A10 3xxx/6xxx: 6450, 6570, or 6670

A10 7xxx: R7 240 or R7 250

"Rawr XD"

^^ what he says

if you really want to get a discrete GPU

go for something at last like the R9 270/X range GPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

^^ what he says

if you really want to get a discrete GPU

go for something at last like the R9 270/X range GPU

Yeah, or a 750 Ti. Dual Graphics doesn't help that much. It's crossfiring two mid-high range cards (260X, 270, 270X) where you see the speed (and aesthetic) benefit of having two lower end cards vs one higher end card (but still not counting things like space required, motherboard requirements, heat output, power consumption, etc). With Dual Graphics, you're putting two "discrete-class" GPUs together, in which you still end up with a "discrete-class" graphics experience rather then an actual decent experience one from proper discrete graphics.

@JAW96

"Rawr XD"

Yeah, or a 750 Ti. Dual Graphics doesn't help that much. It's crossfiring two mid-high range cards (260X, 270, 270X) where you see the speed (and aesthetic) benefit of having two lower end cards vs one higher end card (but still not counting things like space required, motherboard requirements, heat output, power consumption, etc). With Dual Graphics, you're putting two "discrete-class" GPUs together, in which you still end up with a "discrete-class" graphics experience rather then an actual decent experience one from proper discrete graphics.

@JAW96

I know how crossfire works, and the issues that come with it (compatibility, scaling issues, ect) just this is my first APU build, and I was taking a look at all my options

I know how crossfire works, and the issues that come with it (compatibility, scaling issues, ect) just this is my first APU build, and I was taking a look at all my options

Well, the main issue used to be scaling and microstuttering, but newer games and drivers have pretty much fixed it all. APUs are good as-is (killer onboard GPU compared to Intel), but the Dual Graphics thing isn't all it's hyped up to be.

"Rawr XD"

Well, the main issue used to be scaling and microstuttering, but newer games and drivers have pretty much fixed it all. APUs are good as-is (killer onboard GPU compared to Intel), but the Dual Graphics thing isn't all it's hyped up to be.

thank you very much for the info