Unboxing/Review of a Low budget gaming mouse

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting on this forum and was wondering if you could do me a favor?

I've recently just uploaded my first unboxing and review video on my channel.  It would be really great if some of you could check it out, to give me some feedback. This is not a plea for views and subscribers. This is purely to get feedback from the likes of you, as I know you're my target audience and the most knowledgeable. 

Feel free to reply to this thread with feedback or comment on my video.

Thanks!

Sure man, give me a minute, i'll edit critique in in bullet points as I view.

EDIT @ReviewCentral it's ready.

At 0:35 it's nice to see the specs in a seperate window but I'd make the extra effort to make sure it's level and not crooked, and also try and capture it in the same light as the rest of the image so it's not so grainy/glared at the edges.

I would clip out reading the whole spec box out loud, just say "I'll pause for a moment so you can take a look at those" and then make a comment on the more key ones such as the polling rate and the DPI as you have done after flipping the box over, this avoids mentioning the DPI twice so quickly.

When you first mention the blue LED and it's 'V' shape, you could just cut to the dark shot to demo it straight away, and then move on immediately to explaining that you can't turn it off, and that might be an issue if you thought it looked too bright/like it might annoy you in the dark shot with it on.

I would mention the price at the beginning, and if you've made an error (Korea) the I'd edit it out of the video rather than annotate as in my opinion brand new viewers will be especially critical of mistakes and see them as reasons why to perhaps watch a different channel, when you're more established it's far less of an issue IMO.

The only other thing I noticed throughout was sometimes the mouse/your hands were partly out of shot (especially at the end) I'd pay extra attention to ensuring that the mouse remained in the middle of the shot throughout filming.

Overall though good video, really good first effort IMO, I've seen a lot of new startups and yours is above average.

Hope this helped.

Nice video man, but a lil advice to make your videos a bit more professional is to do a voice over explaining the specs and review after you film the video, and do some slow shots of the mouse + box and everything else

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Pretty good for a first review. 

Some constructive criticism:

-It wasn't exactly an unboxing.

-I personally think you spent too much time talking about the box, people who watch the video want to see the mouse, they really don't care about the box. Instead of ready off the features from the box, why not just show them directly on the mouse?

-The audio and video quality really wasn't the best, it looks like it was filmed with a phone camera. Which is fine, just something to consider if you actually want to do this more "professionally".

-With some cuts in the video and some better thought out points you could've made it quite a bit shorter. Maybe some voice overs with some nice camera shots?

-You could make the review look a lot more professional with a pure white background or something.

As I said, pretty good for a first review, those are just a few things I noticed you could improve on while watching. Good luck!

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Thanks! @Katsu-K1L

I'll have a go at doing a voice over in my next video. When I watched it back I realised I was a little vague when going into the specs. I attempted some slow shots but the camera isn't very good, so  decided against it. Thanks for the advice! This will definitely make my next video better. I want to get a new camera but I don't want to buy one until I see some activity on my channel/videos. 

Thanks for the feedback. @Cacao

-There wasn't anything in the box other than the mouse so I decided to just name the features and then show the mouse. 

-That's a really good tip. I noticed that i dwell on the box too long. In my next review, I'll get straight to the product.

-I was using a Flip UltraHD camera, which I know has blurred 720p video but that's the best quality I can do, at this moment. I would like to purchase a 1080p video camera but I don't want to just yet. I'd like to see some activity and viewership, before I make that kind of investment. I thought the audio was ok... I guess if you heard it sound bad, I'll have to fix it. What do you recommend?

-Yes! Couldn't agree more. I will make the video shorter and script a few areas to make it to the point. I will do some pan overs of the product at different angles, while doing a voice over.

-That's a good idea but unfortunately, I don't have any white surfaces in my house. Again, I would invest in a white pop up table, when I gain some subscribers.  

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback! Really has helped me out.

Thanks for the feedback.

-There wasn't anything in the box other than the mouse so I decided to just name the features and then show the mouse. 

-That's a really good tip. I noticed that i dwell on the box too long. In my next review, I'll get straight to the product.

-I was using a Flip UltraHD camera, which I know has blurred 720p video but that's the best quality I can do, at this moment. I would like to purchase a 1080p video camera but I don't want to just yet. I'd like to see some activity and viewership, before I make that kind of investment. I thought the audio was ok... I guess if you heard it sound bad, I'll have to fix it. What do you recommend?

-Yes! Couldn't agree more. I will make the video shorter and script a few areas to make it to the point. I will do some pan overs of the product at different angles, while doing a voice over.

-That's a good idea but unfortunately, I don't have any white surfaces in my house. Again, I would invest in a white pop up table, when I gain some subscribers.  

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback! Really has helped me out.

Glad I could help! Make sure to quote/tag people when you want to talk to them, otherwise they won't get notified about your reply. About the audio quality, some simple background noise filtering, equalization and maybe even a DIY soundbooth would go a long way.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Glad I could help! Make sure to quote/tag people when you want to talk to them, otherwise they won't get notified about your reply. About the audio quality, some simple background noise filtering, equalization and maybe even a DIY soundbooth would go a long way.

I didn't realise... I've tagged you in the post now. I'll try to improve the audio next time. Thanks again! 

Sure man, give me a minute, i'll edit critique in in bullet points as I view.

EDIT @ReviewCentral it's ready.

At 0:35 it's nice to see the specs in a seperate window but I'd make the extra effort to make sure it's level and not crooked, and also try and capture it in the same light as the rest of the image so it's not so grainy/glared at the edges.

I would clip out reading the whole spec box out loud, just say "I'll pause for a moment so you can take a look at those" and then make a comment on the more key ones such as the polling rate and the DPI as you have done after flipping the box over, this avoids mentioning the DPI twice so quickly.

When you first mention the blue LED and it's 'V' shape, you could just cut to the dark shot to demo it straight away, and then move on immediately to explaining that you can't turn it off, and that might be an issue if you thought it looked too bright/like it might annoy you in the dark shot with it on.

I would mention the price at the beginning, and if you've made an error (Korea) the I'd edit it out of the video rather than annotate as in my opinion brand new viewers will be especially critical of mistakes and see them as reasons why to perhaps watch a different channel, when you're more established it's far less of an issue IMO.

The only other thing I noticed throughout was sometimes the mouse/your hands were partly out of shot (especially at the end) I'd pay extra attention to ensuring that the mouse remained in the middle of the shot throughout filming.

Overall though good video, really good first effort IMO, I've seen a lot of new startups and yours is above average.

Hope this helped.

-Thanks. I was in a rush so I didn't notice the picture problem. I'll definitely follow that advice next time.

-That's a good improvement to suggest. I need to stop just reading out everything on the box, because anyone can do that. I'll make sure to do this in my next review.

-Thank you for the editing advice. I will take this into consideration next time. 

-I will mention the price and where I got it straight away next time.

I'll do that next time. I wanted it to be more of a free flow review so I didn't want to stop and start for little mistakes but I know exactly what you mean.

-Yeah I was annoyed with that to. I placed 4 coins in each corner of the shot, so I knew what the camera was capturing. Turns out the screen on the camera was lying to me and it appears more zoomed in, on the video.

-Thanks for that compliment. Really means a lot when you first start. I'll take all the advice and try to implement them in my next video. When my new video is live, I'll create another thread and you can see if I have improved.

How would I go about creating a "DIY sound-booth" ?

Erm I don't think your signature is allowed to be that long

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

How would I go about creating a "DIY sound-booth" ?

Take a look at these:

Also please read this section of the CoC before a mod sees you :P

5. Signatures & Profiles

Signature information must adhere to these guidelines:

• No signature will exceed 3 lines in length on a 1080p screen.
  • No signature will ask for reputation, likes, stars or any such ego-enhancing things.
  • No signature shall have an image.
  • No signature shall be animated in any way, avatars are allowed to be animated for now. Avatars must not contain any rapid and sharp color changes (flashing, blinking, etc.) as these can cause epileptic seizures.
  • Do not manually type in a signature or sign-off at the end of every post; signatures are only allowed using the built-in signature function.
  • Do not increase font size beyond size 14.
  • The only links allowed are those pertaining to Linus Tech Tips (the CoC, your build log, etc.). Please note the advertising rules still apply to this.

Profiles have various sections for listing your Twitter account, Facebook name, a URL (be it your YouTube channel or other site), etc. This is the only section where listing this information is allowed. You are not allowed to advertise this in any post as in the actual links. You can have "reference my profile for more information" for example. All Advertising rules still apply.

Take a look at these:

Also please read this section of the CoC before a mod sees you :P

Thanks for the videos! I didn't realise it filled the screen with the thumbnail. Looks obnoxious! I apologise. 

Did you advertise on PKA?

Erm I don't think your signature is allowed to be that long

Yeah I know... I didn't realise it embedded the video. It's been deleted. Thanks for the heads up though. 

Thanks for the videos! I didn't realise it filled the screen with the thumbnail. Looks obnoxious! I apologise. 

Did you advertise on PKA?

Yes, I did actually :P

Yes, I did actually :P

I thought I recognised your channel!!! Haha. Nice to talk to you. Can't remember if you were a full show, or...?

I thought I recognised your channel!!! Haha. Nice to talk to you. Can't remember if you were a full show, or...?

I get recognized quite a lot in youtube comments :P

This is the first time here on LTT though! I actually bought a 1/4 show sponsor, but they ended up having me on for 1/2 the show. WIN!