G502 Worth it ?

Nyxathid

Well pretty much the the title , is it worth it ?

I've owned one for a month. Totally worth it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I've owned one for a month. Totally worth it.

How is the Scroll wheel ? i heard that its really easy to hit the button on the top 

I would've definitely bought one if I had a little bit of extra money. Found that my Razer mamba is having issues connection for the past couple months.

Definitely worth a pick up with lots of features.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I would've definitely bought one if I had a little bit of extra money. Found that my Razer mamba is having issues connection for the past couple months.

Definitely worth a pick up with lots of features.

Hmm.. im afraid of having buyers remorse :|

How is the Scroll wheel ? i heard that its really easy to hit the button on the top 

I've had the mouse for 3-4 weeks now and I love it. The scroll wheel is nice, helps me a lot for browsing my foobar library

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

I've had the mouse for 3-4 weeks now and I love it. The scroll wheel is nice, helps me a lot for browsing my foobar library

What about games ? im recently playing CS:GO and Some Gmod 

using it now. I go back and fourth from this to my xtd. If the 502 was just a tiny bit wider it would be perfect in my eyes. I have big hands, big everything  ;) I think it has the best button set up for any kind of pc gaming. I am waiting for the tyon which will be the one mouse to rule them all. 

I literally cannot fault it. Since I have petite lady-hands it fits my palm grip flawlessly, with buttons in places that are out of the way when you don't need them, but easily reachable when you do want them.

What about games ? im recently playing CS:GO and Some Gmod 

I never accidentally hit the scroll wheel or anything like that and I love the mouse entirely. It has a very solid grip and the free spin mode on the scroll wheel looks really funny in CSGO when you change weapons with it.

Fiio E10K - AKG Q701 - Micca MB42X

Galaxy S6

Zowie FK

There is no issue with hitting any of the buttons. The scroll wheel took me about a day to get used to. It's scroll function is a little tighter compared to other mice, but like I said I adjusted to it very quickly and have nothing negative to say about it.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I never accidentally hit the scroll wheel or anything like that and I love the mouse entirely. It has a very solid grip and the free spin mode on the scroll wheel looks really funny in CSGO when you change weapons with it.

ahah i just bought it , and i DO NOT regret this purchase better then my 2012 deathadder with duck tape all round it xD

There is no issue with hitting any of the buttons. The scroll wheel took me about a day to get used to. It's scroll function is a little tighter compared to other mice, but like I said I adjusted to it very quickly and have nothing negative to say about it.

^

PS - Highly recomend this mouse . 

i returned my g502. couldnt stand the sensor. :-\ you cant even lift the mouse 1mm without the sensor stopping to work. 

i returned my g502. couldnt stand the sensor. :-\ you cant even lift the mouse 1mm without the sensor stopping to work. 

That's exactly how all mice should work. Lose contact with whatever surface you are using it on, tracking cuts out. Not that there is any reason for you to be picking the mouse up anyways. Your issue was 100% user error.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

That's exactly how all mice should work. Lose contact with whatever surface you are using it on, tracking cuts out. Not that there is any reason for you to be picking the mouse up anyways. Your issue was 100% user error.

You know low sens gaming, right? some steelseries mice allow to set the sensorrange ;) i am used to lift my mouse to do an 360° ;) it is just my personal taste. it cuts out track way too early. when i slightly tilt the mouse on my textile mousepad the sensor already stopped working. without an option to set a parameter when the sensor cuts off, to me the mouse is useless :(

i like when the sensor DOES NOT lose contact. with the steelseries laser it would be possible to adjust. my optical g400 doenst turn off, so that is what i like ;) played 9 years with an MX500/MX518... 

http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-xai-laser

icon_lift_distance.pngAUTOMATIC LIFT DISTANCE

To make sure you always have a 1mm lift distance, the sensor on the SteelSeries Xai automatically adjusts the lift distance, depending on the surface you’re using. If you are a low sensitivity gamer a minimal lift distance is extremely important so that the mouse will shut off the sensor when you lift your mouse up to change position.

Of course the feature is intended to be used otherwise, but i could at least choose a setting that fits to my gaming behavior. when the mouse stops working because you tilt it a little... thats nonsense... :(

Again, if you are lifting the mouse off of your mousepad, that's user error. There should be no time that you are lifting the mouse off your mousepad where the mouse can or should continue tracking. Sounds like Steelseries tries to compensate for their customers' incompetence, but that's not a good thing.

The sensor lift detection was my favorite feature of the 2014 Naga. Lift it to re-center the mouse and you don't get any accidental turning in fps games. If they added this for the G502 then it's worth a buy, right there.

Git Gud.

For me personally, it's going to be worth your money. I'm using another mouse right now, but will get one if I have the money.

YUp. But i love my g602, the wirelessness is great.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Is anyone using the G502 with a Razor mouse bungee and can tell me if the cable fits through the bungee cable "tunnel" (that thing that holds the cable, in case it fits :D)

It's an awesome mouse, I'd say it's worth it

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+