What should I do?

jedylan

I am plannaning a build for the end of august.http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/jedylan/saved/ytfmP6 here are my parts as of now. I will use this pc as a workstation for video editing, special effects, and gaming. But someone pointed out to me the comming i7-5930k in late september. It would help with my work, but I have to wait one more month and I have to change mobo and ram (it will be ddr4 ram). I am afraid there wont be a lot of choices and that the prices will be much higher at the release of the chip for ram and mobo. I tried to find info about what will be available but couldn't find it. So what should I do? Will it be worth? What are the mobo and ram that will be available?

Why not go socket 2011 with a 4930K for now, it will last you many years.

I am plannaning a build for the end of august.http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/jedylan/saved/ytfmP6 here are my parts as of now. I will use this pc as a workstation for video editing, special effects, and gaming. But someone pointed out to me the comming i7-5930k in late september. It would help with my work, but I have to wait one more month and I have to change mobo and ram (it will be ddr4 ram). I am afraid there wont be a lot of choices and that the prices will be much higher at the release of the chip for ram and mobo. I tried to find info about what will be available but couldn't find it. So what should I do? Will it be worth? What are the mobo and ram that will be available?

If an i7-5930K would make that much of a difference in your work, then you should be looking at an i7-4930K build today. Unless the work you are doing is very cpu intensive I doubt the move to X79/X99 will make that much difference.

Release dates have not been set and we may not see the new X99 motherboards until the end of the year. DDR4 is still a question mark as current DDR4-2133 kits have fairly high latenceys. I suspect that the first X99 motherboards will actually use DDR3.

I do have some suggestions on the build you linked. The H100i is a tight fit in an Define R4 case. I'd suggest an H80i instead. A Z97 motherboard is a better fit with an i7-4790K. While 850W seems too large for the build, I presume it was selected to allow for SLI. I would suggest a better, EVGA unit instead of the Corsair RM-850.

The fans are a waste in my opinion.

Edit: was a little rushed when I posted and forgot to post links to the changes I suggested.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($361.27 @ DirectCanada)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($96.99 @ Amazon Canada)

Motherboard: EVGA Z97 FTW ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($241.65 @ Amazon Canada)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($174.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($276.81 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.99 @ Canada Computers)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card  ($624.98 @ Amazon Canada)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ NCIX)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($142.99 @ NCIX)

Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($79.64 @ TigerDirect Canada)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($158.32 @ TigerDirect Canada)

Monitor: Asus PB238Q 23.0" Monitor  ($232.98 @ Amazon Canada)

Monitor: Asus PB238Q 23.0" Monitor  ($232.98 @ Amazon Canada)

Case Accessory: NZXT Hue LED Controller  ($38.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($127.98 @ Amazon Canada)

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser Mouse  ($68.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Speakers: Logitech Z906 500W 5.1ch Speakers  (Purchased For $0.00)

Total: $3064.52

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I would just wait for the 5930k if you need that powerful of a CPU i live by the standard of never plan to upgrade get the best you can the first time around.