Linux Toshiba L305

So hello other people that do stuff. I have a Toshiba L305 Satellite, with a 128Gb 2.5 HDD, 4gb DDR2 RAM, no battery source and a Intel low powered CPU, cannot remember the exact model. If you need more info I can get back to you, or just search for it online. But anyway, there seems to be either graphics or power management issue.

I have found it is not possible to fix it without buying new parts. Most operating systems will not run correctly  and very few seem to work.

Tested and Not Working

• Windows 7-8
  • Linux Fedora 17
  • Ubuntu 10-12
  • Archbang
  • Alpha OS Linux
  • Linux Mint
  • Dpup
  • other Linux distros

Working Systems

• (D*mn Small Linux (Did have PS2/USB mouse issues)
  • Puppy Linux (worked fine)
  • Pussy Linux (worked fine)
  • Mini Windows XP from Hiren Boot CD (worked fine, no program support)

Currently I run Puppy just fine in it, very few crashes, that compare to simple crashes. It runs fine with a second monitor on dualveiw with Minecraft and Chromium Running fine. My only problem with Puppy is the very limited program selection. I am looking for a better package system, either Aptitude, Yum or Pacman. I tried DPup, but it crashes, and I tried Pussycat, which I started to like, until I found there is no full install option that is a good full install, and not a fake GRUB, LiveCD, Save file hybrid. I only want a few apps, that are not intensive, like Komodo Edit, Skype, Spotify, Chromium, Firefox, GEdit, and a few other small things. And I would also like to see if Cinnamon Desktop and Nemo would run, but if not LXDE or XFCE on there is almost a necessity. 

Any ideas or suggestions on how to get A different package management system on puppy easily, or a different operating system that is extremely lightweight. 

have u tried fedora 18. i never had an issue running fedora on any system i installed it on  thats why i stuck with it from when my 2nd gen core2 macbook to my curently month old build. only have 2 isues with my new build and fedora my 7870 radeon graphics and my soundblaster z wont work corectly. ive even gotten it to work on my wifes friends no name intel atom powered touch screen that was imported designed built and only sold in columbia. although i cant seem to calibrate  touch screen for use with linux. my only issue with fedora is that there new installer sux major u know what. uefi boot up refused to let me partition the drive so u had to boot up in non uefi mode in my bios boot(f8) menu

The laptop was based on Vista, later used 7, and then some other Linux distros. I haven't tried 18 at all, However I can already tell that it won't work, as most new distros will not work at all. I do know that Microsoft gave the Linux Foundation permission to support UEFI boot systems, and I do also know that the latest Ubuntu supports it already.