My baby.

vt3c

Well I'm new here, for one. Huge fan of linus. Love this canadian ^^

Secondly, my rig is decent but I plan on upgrading soon. My family is extremely broke so I literally built it out of used parts my friends had laying around.

sooo here's some specs for you guys. 

AMD Phenom II x4 830 2.8ghz (Socket AM3)

2x4GB Patriot Gamer 2 Series memory at 1333mhz (9-9-9-14 timings)

Diablotek Elite Case

Asus M5A78L-M LX Plus (Socket AM3+, supports up to the Fx 8350!) 
Asus AMD Radeon HD 6770 

To my surprise she plays BF3 on ultra at 1080p with hardly any lag. I'm not kidding it surprised me so much. I plan on buying an Fx 6350 soon after selling some things. 

Here is a few photos.

Again I built it on a budget and I know I could do better. But my laptop died and I was desperate and I had zero dollars. 

Not bad for free, eh?

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Just cares for me...

Pretty nice build for such a low budget.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Oddly enough this is looks nearly identical to one of my first build I have done awhile ago... Same case, same CPU, same motherboard and even the ram..

But welcome to the forum 

It's a funny case. Really funny. Everything feels... crammed. I hate how you mount hard drives in this case. >.<

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

It's a funny case. Really funny. Everything feels... crammed. I hate how you mount hard drives in this case. >.<

I know how that feels, first time I built in that case, I cut myself a few times trying to get some decent cable management going on

I know how that feels, first time I built in that case, I cut myself a few times trying to get some decent cable management going on

Diablotek:

"What cable management? Hurrdurr"

Just cares for me...

Pretty nice build for such a low budget.

Thank you. I've built a few in the past and this was my desperate attempt at having a computer for class next year.

Lol, at one point I did manage stuffing a corsair h80 in there...wasn't easy...at all...and I don't recommend doing it

not sure if you can see it but my PSU takes up so much space i literally could not fit my fingers between the disk drive and PSU to plug in the disk drive. Tried to put in a disk and it didn't work and then I figured it out. 

Derp. 

Oh well at least I got it working later on. *facedesk*

I must say that is decent for free.. Good job :)

I must say that is decent for free.. Good job :)

Thank you good sir :3