Has the H100i the horsepower needed to a bigger loop?

The Question is pretty simple, does anyone know (and preferably tested) if the H100i has the needed power on the pump to add thing in the Loop?

I think the Corsair H100i looks so damn sharp, and i would like to use it as one of the masterpieces of my build

I want to cool an Phenom II X6 slightly overclocked and a Radeon HD 7970 also Slightly overclocked

The Things probably i'll get in my build shall be:

The Pump itself (Then that includes the CPU Block)

The 7970 Block

A Reservoir

The stock radiator (2x120)

Another radiator (2x120)

maybe a single 120 in the back

Anyone has any Idea how does that perform?

I'd love to see Linus test wich closed All In One perform well (besides the Swiftech H220, if it existed when i bought my H100i i'd certainly have bought it instead :/) 

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

such a big loop may kill the pump in the H100, it's not designed for something massive like this. If you want to buy all of this why don't you buy a normal cpu block and pump too?

No, the H100i is not built for something like this. You can look through the water cooling section here, and look at the Swiftech H220 posts, where people were trying to add on to the h220, similar to you wanting to add on to the h100i. You can look at the answers, and see that even the h220, which is easier to add on to than the h100i, is not meant for something like this. 

The H100i pump is not strong enough.

However, you can add a second pump to your loop in series. This would be enough to keep a healthy flow rate in your loop and you could keep the block.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The Question is pretty simple, does anyone know (and preferably tested) if the H100i has the needed power on the pump to add thing in the Loop?

I think the Corsair H100i looks so damn sharp, and i would like to use it as one of the masterpieces of my build

I want to cool an Phenom II X6 slightly overclocked and a Radeon HD 7970 also Slightly overclocked

The Things probably i'll get in my build shall be:

The Pump itself (Then that includes the CPU Block)

The 7970 Block

A Reservoir

The stock radiator (2x120)

Another radiator (2x120)

maybe a single 120 in the back

Anyone has any Idea how does that perform?

I'd love to see Linus test wich closed All In One perform well (besides the Swiftech H220, if it existed when i bought my H100i i'd certainly have bought it instead :/) 

The H100i isn't even meant to be modded. Even the H220, which is designed to have added componentry to the loop, still struggles with just a 680 and a CPU.

The H100i pump is not strong enough.

However, you can add a second pump to your loop in series. This would be enough to keep a healthy flow rate in your loop and you could keep the block.

know any pump that works together well? I guess since i think it is pretty awesome, i'll end up using it as just a sexy CPU block on the loop! :D

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

know any pump that works together well? I guess since i think it is pretty awesome, i'll end up using it as just a sexy CPU block on the loop! :D

Well if you want to do this there are a few things you should do. This will involve voiding any warranty on the H100i (which you are doing anyway). Firstly you should open the block and disconnect the wire for the pump motor, Cut it if you have to.

Then take out the impeller of the pump. This will be something that looks like a fan that can spin freely. This is what drives pump. You need to remove it because is the pump is off the impeller isn't spinning so it will be causing unnecessary restriction within the block.

You have to disable the H100i pump because the impeller would now be spinning faster and it could it could become a generator The voltage could become sufficiently high to damage something. Not sure about this but its a precaution worth taking imo.

Now you have to remember that the CPU fan header is no longer the H100i's fan connector cable. You should now be connecting the H100i directly to your power supply or OPT/CASE fan header.

That's the block sorted.

I recommend the Laing DDC pump for your loop. This is for two reasons; Firstly every DDC pump comes with a tacho (rpm) wire. This will ensure that Corsair's Software will not freak out when it notices the H100i pump is effectively off. It will detect the other pump and assume it is the H100i pump running. The other reason is that it is a small pump and sufficient for you loop and its cheaper than a D5.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Few video's on youtube that display how poor the head pressure on the H100 really is.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog