Is Day-Z really worth the money?

Darknar the Black

I really do kinda sorta want Day-Z but $30 quite a lot. Some of my friends have it (so I think it'll be fun with them), but I've heard that it is not developed enough for it to cost that. I'm currently building my PC so I need all my money for that. Basically, should I get it or wait until the full release?

Ask your friends. See what they say about it.

Personally, I have had the chance to get it, but I decided not to. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Anything in early access is not developed enough to cost anything. As much as I liked DayZ, I shouldn't have had to pay for it since it's an unfinished game. That'll probably be the last early access game I buy (Star Citizen doesn't count  :) )

If you are going to play it alone, you will not really enjoy it.

With some friends however it can be extremely fun, though it falls off pretty quickly.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Ask your friends. See what they say about it.

Personally, I have had the chance to get it, but I decided not to. 

I have they literally half of them said yes and the other half said no.

Anything in early access is not developed enough to cost anything. As much as I liked DayZ, I shouldn't have had to pay for it since it's an unfinished game. That'll probably be the last early access game I buy (Star Citizen doesn't count  :) )

early access isnt meant to be enjoyed. It's purely for dedicated fans that want to contribute.

That's why many early access games will cost over 40$ sometimes, because the devs don't want regular people to buy it, only the really dedicated fans.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

if you have friends that play it yes you also got to remember when it is fully released it is going to cost atleast $60 if you buy it now you are saving money in the long run so I would get it even if you don't play it till the full release

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

Go for the mod if you want to play DayZ, you can get an Arma 2 COmbined Operations steam key for peanuts and there's soooooooo much more to do in the mod than in the standalone.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Alright. Then I would advise against purchasing it yet. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

If you are going to play it alone, you will not really enjoy it.

With some friends however it can be extremely fun, though it falls off pretty quickly.

If it falls off pretty quickly, is it worth it?

The half that said yes haven't played the mod.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

early access isnt meant to be enjoyed. It's purely for dedicated fans that want to contribute.

That's why many early access games will cost over 40$ sometimes, because the devs don't want regular people to buy it, only the really dedicated fans.

That's understandable if there's clear goals, consistent updates (not game updates necessarily, but developer updates from the studio), and so on. The Star Citizen team is doing it right.

DayZ's original creator (Rocket) left the project (don't know if it's the whole studio) to work on other things. So that leaves me unsettled about the game, but that's just me.

if you have friends that play it yes you also got to remember when it is fully released it is going to cost atleast $60 if you buy it now you are saving money in the long run so I would get it even if you don't play it till the full release

WAT? $60?

It most definetly won't cost $60, after official release.

That's understandable if there's clear goals, consistent updates (not game updates necessarily, but developer updates from the studio), and so on. The Star Citizen team is doing it right.

DayZ's original creator (Rocket) left the project (don't know if it's the whole studio) to work on other things. So that leaves me unsettled about the game, but that's just me.

Rocket did not leave he is planning on leaving once he thinks the game is in a good enough state where the rest can handle it on their own

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

The half that said yes haven't played the mod.

If my life thinks I absolutely need the game, that's what I'm probably gonna do.

WAT? $60?

It most definetly won't cost $60, after official release.

When was the last time you saw a brand new full released game for less than $60 the only one I have seen is Sniper Elite 3 and that is still $50

Rocket did not leave he is planning on leaving once he thinks the game is in a good enough state where the rest can handle it on their own

I guess the article I read was flatout wrong, haha. I can't remember where it originated though - read it through Flipboard.

Yeah, are you sure its gonna be $60

I guess the article I read was flatout wrong, haha. I can't remember where it originated though - read it through Flipboard.

anything on the Internet you should take with a grain of salt lol both sources could be wrong for all we know he could be planning on not leaving or he could've left before the game was even started who knows lol

When was the last time you saw a brand new full released game for less than $60 the only one I have seen is Sniper Elite 3 and that is still $50

but isn't sniper elite a triple A game. Day-Z is not a triple A game

but isn't sniper elite a triple A game. Day-Z is not a triple A game

can't tell what it is since it's still in Alpha stage I'm sure when it's released it will be triple A so far for still being in Alpha Stage it looks pretty damn good also don't listen to people who bitch about the devs not caring or updating the game. with in the last 3weeks two big ass updates/patches have been released for the game also if you go by profit DayZ was Triple A with in the first month of it's release it held first place for top seller for like 2 months and even now is still in the top 10

I personally think so because the game is awesome but it's all user preference.  If you want to experience the game then yes pay for it, if your not that interested in it don't buy it.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Playing alone is frustrating but if you get a few friends together and put in some times to learn the basics and such it can become great fun! I hated it when I first got it but once you get a few people together it's waaaay better

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M