Powercolor (devil 13)

MarvinKMooney

So basically a R9 295x but its air cooled how do you guys think this is going to work out if the reference 295x's are AIO cooled.

Is it even worth getting?

Reminds me of the MARS 760...

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Stewpid card.

(waiting for that powercolor fanboy to appear :D )

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/71425-powercolor-devil-13-dual-core-r9-290x/?page=12

Short answer: NO

Runs hotter, louder and is more expensive.

^ This, Why go with a Non Water Cooled version which even if your argument is that you'd be able to fit it in a smaller case, it would catch fire (Not literally as they do have thermal shutoffs but you know what I mean). 

Stick with reference on this card unless a 2 Fan rad one comes out which has higher clock speeds due to better heat dissipation.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Yeah I figured it would run hot and be very loud but I do like how the card its self looks and the wife thinks its pretty smexy as well.

If they could take the same cooler and every thing excluding the duel GPU and make it a regular 290x that would be pretty sick.

Edited by Viridian