Two different 4790k?

Was going to get a 4790k using pc part picker, and I can see two 4790k listings. With a £40 difference. Just wondering what the difference is?

it's the top and bottom one in this link 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I Can't paste for some reason

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I only see 1 4790k listed m8

Edit: I was looking at the US version, there's no difference. They're from different retailers

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/cpu/#f=40&s=13

Without the k is locked

With the k is unlocked

With the S is locked and without igpu.

I can't see anything else

EDIT: It's actually 2 4790ks lol.http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/cpu/#f=40&s=13

Just a typo.I don't know if it can be anything else.

Edited by SpyRosL

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Usually it's the difference in the sellers, maybe one is one special or something or maybe the cheaper one has higher shipping. Many factors cause a price difference

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

From what I can tell they have 2 different manufacture codes. One starts with B the other starts with C.

That's not what the S means, I think

The 4790s does have an iGPU. 

The S at the end means that it's clocked lower to use less power. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yeap, Googled it because I wasn't sure myself 

They both have different SKU's.  The one starting with BX means it's a boxed retail item. The other starting with CM is an OEM/tray SKU (bare chip only).

That's not what the S means, I think

You are right. I always thought the S line was without igpu O.o

Thanks for correcting me

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I can't see anything else

the S is lower clocked but with lower power consumption, and still has an igpu,

the difference is the retailer that asks more, thats the only difference

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

You are right. I always thought the S line was without igpu O.o

The cpu doesn't have an iGPU when there's a P at the end. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The cpu doesn't have an iGPU when there's a P at the end. 

Oh that's why. I mixed the letters .-.

Thanks!

That's what I needed to know thanks. So I will be fine getting the cheaper one starting with BX then?

That's what I needed to know thanks. So I will be fine getting the cheaper one starting with BX then?

That'd be the one to go for.  That way, you're getting the cooler and retail warranty.  The OEM chips don't come with a cooler and I don't believe they carry as nice a warranty, if any.

Look at retailrs, one 4790k has listed 5 , the other one has listed 1 retailer. Thats why. Nothing to talk about here really.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE