Need software advice

I've recently reinstalled onto my first SSD and I'd really like some useful software recommendations to keep my rig running at full potential. Before I reinstalled I used IOBit Advanced System care but I'm kinda sick of IOBit's crap; so any advice? Specs in my signature. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

You shouldn't really be using "system care" software. Just carefully pick what you install and there should be no performance decrease over time.

EDIT: if you really want to prevent certain software to make or edit files on your system you can try sandboxing them while they are in operation. http://www.sandboxie.com/ I've used this software myself for as long as the demo lasted and it worked quite well.

EDIT2: this is how it works if you were using an hdd: I don't know what the performance gain would be on a ssd, but you have some hdd's in your rig so it should do something

FrontPageAnimation.gif

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

IMHO all "Pc optimizers" are crap.

All they do is work against the OS's built-in resource management. Same for Registry cleaners.

What I recommend:

• No PC-Optimizers, also no registry cleaners.
  • A light antivirus. If you know what you're doing, MS Security Essentials should offer ample protection.
  • CCleaner. Always CCleaner.
  • WinDirStat - to see where most of your drivespace is being used
  • Secunia PSI - See if your programs are secure
  • NO PC OPTIMIZERS
  • I see you have a Samsung SSD. You can use RAPID.
  • RAMDisk to use as cache for downloading/unpacking large files to prevent wear/tear on the SSD.

IMHO all "Pc optimizers" are crap.

All they do is work against the OS's built-in resource management. Same for Registry cleaners.

What I recommend:

• No PC-Optimizers, also no registry cleaners.
  • A light antivirus. If you know what you're doing, MS Security Essentials should offer ample protection.
  • CCleaner. Always CCleaner.
  • WinDirStat - to see where most of your drivespace is being used
  • Secunia PSI - See if your programs are secure
  • NO PC OPTIMIZERS
  • I see you have a Samsung SSD. You can use RAPID.
  • RAMDisk to use as cache for downloading/unpacking large files to prevent wear/tear on the SSD.

This ^^ (- CCleaner for me since I like to have control myself)

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I haven't really used this type of software since windows XP. The reason they make more mess that it was on the beginning.

CCleaner. Always CCleaner.

Yeah the only "optimizer" that i will recommend its CCleaner, but the reason will be to clean your Browser and Windows temporals, etc like once a month if you feel like its taking your SDD space.

EDIT2: this is how it works if you were using an hdd: I don't know what the performance gain would be on a ssd, but you have some hdd's in your rig so it should do something

FrontPageAnimation.gif

There shouldn't be any gain on an SSD because SSD don't care about fragmentation. Unlike an HDD, every sector on the SSD are, in theory, the same access time. So if you file is fragmented between your SSD sectors, it shouldn't matter.