will this build hold?

will this build be good enough?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/F3dBhM

i am of course planning to oc, my consern is if the psu will be good enough for this build when overcloaked.

i will mainly be using this rig for gaming, mostly indies and mmo's.

i had planned an intel build but was told this was much better in terms of money/performance.

if this psu is not good enough can i get some recomendations on one that is good enough and silent, modular/semi modular and that will be good for this case in terms of cable management?

any help would be greatly appreciated, this will be my first build so still kinda new to this. thankyou

The GPU will bottleneck the CPU a bit. And trust me on this one, the HAF XB is both a waste of space and huge. @Nicholas Marzio will attest to this.

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: VisionTek 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($72.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($263.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($37.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Dell P2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $731.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I know, locked CPU with unlocked motherboard, but you may as well use the remaining budget to get a higher end motherboard. You may be able to squeeze a 4690K and a Z97 PC MATE into this too.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

when i did this build almost everything was on sale and was all around 610$... geez .

anywho

i kind of knew there would be some bottlenecking, but even if i oc the cpu??? @TheSLSAMG

also, can i get some feedback on the case? i really like it but nobody else seems to i dont know why...weird

i just kind of like that its different and you mount the mobo horizontally.

when i did this build almost everything was on sale and was all around 610$... geez .

anywho

i kind of knew there would be some bottlenecking, but even if i oc the cpu??? @TheSLSAMG

also, can i get some feedback on the case? i really like it but nobody else seems to i dont know why...weird

i just kind of like that its different and you mount the mobo horizontally.

Oc'ing would help a bit but you could alternatively just get a better cpu. 

The case doesn't look that nice imo. It's also quite expensive and makes up a large chunk of the build's cost. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

what about an oc'd pentium g3852? will it be a better option in this case?

now that the r9 280 is not on sale anymore, what other gpu can i get ? i was planning to get a 760 before, will that be a better option?

@WoodenMarker

@TheSLSAMG

The 760 is a good card, I have one personally and it runs anything I throw at it.  I don't think that CPU will bottleneck it too much, I have the Phenom II X4 atm and I have no issues whatsoever.  I think it would be better going with a quad core, but I don't know the benefits of OC versus cores versus manufacturers that well.  I think the second build that was recommended is perfect for your needs, although you won't get an OC out of it.

what about an oc'd pentium g3852? will it be a better option in this case?

Scroll up and look at what I had already recommended.