First Unboxing Video - NVIDIA SHIELD

Hey,

I haven't been all that active on the forum to date. So I thought I'd introduce my self. 

I'm Brian but I go by Srgnt Ballistic or Ballistic everywhere. I am a huge fan of tech, especially centered around gaming and pcs but also camera/video gear and mobile.

I won an NVIDIA SHIELD from Origin PC in a giveaway so I thought it would be a good opportunity to try my hand at making a high quality Unboxing/Overview video.

Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_0w0KQhn88&hd=1

It took quite a while longer than I expected but I mainly worked on it in my spare time away from my main job and other projects. 

Although I see plenty of room for improvement I'm pretty proud of it and would like some feedback.

I'm hoping to make a review video follow up.

Here's my YouTube Channel:

SrgntBallisticGaming

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

Hey,

I haven't been all that active on the forum to date. So I thought I'd introduce my self.

I'm Brian but I go by Srgnt Ballistic or Ballistic everywhere. I am a huge fan of tech, especially centered around gaming and pcs but also camera/video gear and mobile.

I won an NVIDIA SHIELD from Origin PC in a giveaway so I thought it would be a good opportunity to try my hand at making a high quality Unboxing/Overview video.

Here it is:

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_0w0KQhn88&hd=1

It took quite a while longer than I expected but I mainly worked on it in my spare time away from my main job and other projects.

Although I see plenty of room for improvement I'm pretty proud of it and would like some feedback.

SrgntBallisticGaming

Welcome!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Hey,

Here it is:

SrgntBallisticGaming

I left you some feedback :)

I was a very good first review

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I left you some feedback :)

I was a very good first review

Thank you! Audio, Focus and Color Correction are at the top of my personal list of improvements. 

Did you find the things on my screen (Like the steam/origin friends list) distracting? I want it to come across that I'm a gamer that uses the tech I feature. Not just a guy trying to get free crap on YouTube. All of the other things I've filmed so far have been components I've personally bought and used to build both the Rig behind me and the video machine you can't see on the floor.

That was my reasoning behind keeping my friends list up.

Thanks again for the feedback. For some reason YT won't let me reply to your comment though.

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

Thank you! Audio, Focus and Color Correction are at the top of my personal list of improvements. 

Did you find the things on my screen (Like the steam/origin friends list) distracting? I want it to come across that I'm a gamer that uses the tech I feature. Not just a guy trying to get free crap on YouTube. All of the other things I've filmed so far have been components I've personally bought and used to build both the Rig behind me and the video machine you can't see on the floor.

That was my reasoning behind keeping my friends list up.

Thanks again for the feedback. For some reason YT won't let me reply to your comment though.

I didn't find them distracting but having it on there may make you recieve a lot of scammer friend requests.

Perhaps have a blurred out steam homepage in the background. I do not recommend having origin open as it may attract hate.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I didn't find them distracting but having it on there may make you recieve a lot of scammer friend requests.

Perhaps have a blurred out steam homepage in the background. I do not recommend having origin open as it may attract hate.

I hadn't really thought of that. I'll probably leave it off screen next time.

Also I'll try and get something set up to show my PC Specs.

I hadn't really thought of that. I'll probably leave it off screen next time.

Also I'll try and get something set up to show my PC Specs.

I noticed that you do have a link to the specs, but i think it would be easier to just list them (like in my signature for example) in the about section.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I noticed that you do have a link to the specs, but i think it would be easier to just list them (like in my signature for example) in the about section.

H4X3R - I put my current Gaming PC specs in the about me tab. I plan on doing the same with my editing rig as well. Thanks for the suggestion.