Red and black themed 750D build

marcbodea

Hey people,

this is a follow-up to my planning thread here

This build hopefully won't include any modding, it's just a simple assembly. I may be doing some MDPC sleeving later.

This is the parts list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.99 @ Amazon) DELIVERED
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($208.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card  ($679.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.99 @ NCIX US) DELIVERED
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Dell U2412M 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($265.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell U2412M 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($265.00 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($132.71 @ NCIX US) DELIVERED
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2711.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

All the parts have been ordered. The majority are from computeruniverse.net, the CPU is from caseking.de and the keyboard and case are from a local site as the keyboard wasn't in stock on computeruniverse and the case is too heavy to be delivered. I'm expecting the whole parts list to be here before the end of the next week.

By the title, I thought you were either

1) painting your 750D red and black, OR

2) asking if there are red and black 750Ds. If so, there are none.

I would change your title to avoid confusion, maybe "Red and black themed 750D build."

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The first package came in today, from caseking.de, containing the CPU and a bag of sweets(nice addition) which i forgot to photograph  :(

G8kTNG3.png

By the title, I thought you were either

1) painting your 750D red and black, OR

2) asking if there are red and black 750Ds. If so, there are none.

I would change your title to avoid confusion, maybe "Red and black themed 750D build."

Oh, I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll gladly change the title.

EDIT: I just realised i don't know how to change the title. Can you walk me through it?

FIgured it out LOL

Thank you.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nice. Red/black builds are great looking.
I know its too late, but the AXi series PSU's from corsair  are red/black. was that known at the time or not really to fussed about how the PSU looks.
I see your mouse/keyboard are green/black. Did you not want to keep the red/black theme going with peripherals?? Your choice. but green and black are a nice combo too.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Nice. Red/black builds are great looking.

I know its too late, but the AXi series PSU's from corsair  are red/black. was that known at the time or not really to fussed about how the PSU looks.

I see your mouse/keyboard are green/black. Did you not want to keep the red/black theme going with peripherals?? Your choice. but green and black are a nice combo too.

I might be wrong but i heard that RM series PSUs are more silent, as they have better binned components, also I'm a pretty big razer fanboy so the lights on the peripherals will stay off probably

EDIT: I just realised i don't know how to change the title. Can you walk me through it?

FIgured it out LOL

You could paint the top part of the 750D with a can. It looks absolutely amazing.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Have you planned on open watercooling yet? It has some pretty good performance benefits, and plus, it looks sooooooo shmexy.

Have you planned on open watercooling yet? It has some pretty good performance benefits, and plus, it looks sooooooo shmexy.

I did think about it a lot, but decided it is better not to because of 3 main reasons:

1) It was quite a bit out of my budget

2) It would make the periodic upgrade cost a lot higher, as I have to upgrade the GPU block as well as the GPU, and it would make it harder to sell the old GPU

3) This is the first 'real' PC that I'll build, apart from the ones I built while working at my father's company

I did think about it a lot, but decided it is better not to because of 3 main reasons:

1) It was quite a bit out of my budget

2) It would make the periodic upgrade cost a lot higher, as I have to upgrade the GPU block as well as the GPU, and it would make it harder to sell the old GPU

3) This is the first 'real' PC that I'll build, apart from the ones I build while working at my father's company

Well, if this is going to be your first "real" PC, then I would recommend adding a personal touch to your PC.

Red and black theme but Razer mouse and keyboard?? nono! did u know that the LEDs on the razer mouse and keyboard are green!

You could paint the top part of the 750D with a can. It looks absolutely amazing.

Well, if this is going to be your first "real" PC, then I would recommend adding a personal touch to your PC.

Thanks for the ideas. Most likely I'll paint the top of the case with some red paint.

hi, how much was the shipping from caseking?

It was 4€ but that was only the cost of shipping to Germany. They don't ship to Romania so I had to have it sent to a friend over in Germany who happened to be coming to Romania this week, so he brought the CPU along.

Red and black theme but Razer mouse and keyboard?? nono! did u know that the LEDs on the razer mouse and keyboard are green!

Yes I do, but I consider the Deathadder the best mice on the market(it just fits me) and I just couldn't wait for the Corsair K95 RGB to come out with Cherry MX Blue's, so I got what I think is the best keyboard for me at the moment.

Another package came in today, containing the case, mouse pad(SteelSeries Qck+) and the keyboard which feels awesome. Here are some pictures :D7tVT853.jpgwJ6qc6N.jpgovQfP7R.jpg

I love that case, can't wait to see more :)

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

Waiting for more

I love that case, can't wait to see more :)

I can't wait either, but the last package isn't here yet and probably won't be until next week.

1000W PUS for just one 780Ti?

Im using 2 R9 290 with 3770. Only use 780W MAX. So ...Yeah....why 1000W...?

1) because wattage needed is so small, the PSU fan will stay off most of the time, even when I'm gaming

2) the price difference was around 15€ between this and what I needed

3) I will be able to upgrade and use it in future builds, without worrying about capacitor aging

Computeruniverse shipped the package today, I estimate it will get here on friday, saturday and monday based on previous experiences. I'm a bit disappointed by this, as all the products were listed as in stock/shipping in 2 days, and they shipped it after a week and a half, not 2 days

• 2 weeks later...

Got the package and assembled Pc last week, but I didn't have any time to take photos as I left town the next day. Photos are coming tomorrow hopefully.