290x cf or 780ti sli

Who would want 60FPS? 60FPS is a lagfest. Why 60FPS? Seems a bit arbitrary: not 70FPS, not 50 FPS, not 65FPS, no, it must be 60FPS!!! Or do you assume that OP doesn't overclock their monitor... DO YOU ASSUME THAT?! All monitors need to be overclocked... I have never seen a monitor that can't do at least 65Hz, so why not OC your monitor's Hz?

because a lot of people don't want to bother overclocking their monitors and the vast majority of monitors are 60 hz and it is the general consensus that 60 fps is the baseline for smooth gameplay.

Thanks I guess I'll go with one card and game on a single and multitask on the other. When I get a third 1440p monitor i will by 2 more graphics card or just anther.

I just hope you wont try to play any fps on multi monitor:

I really suggest you watch this video.

I just hope you wont try to play any fps on multi monitor:

I really suggest you watch this video.

not a fan of fps games

I had a single 290x, they will run most AAA titles at ultra about 40-60fps but u can tweak it so that u get consistent 60-100fps by lowering some settings to high. Let's be real they are not THAT much different. However if u wanna max out then u will need cf, I would reccommend 2xr9 290 non x though. It's a lot cheaper and will run games at 1440p like a charm. The different in price is like £200