Best looking PC games

KieranFretwell

I just want some suggestions for the best looking pc games of all time, im just wanting a or a few new games that will give me the best graphical experience. 

Bioshock Infinite looks pretty godlike. I mean that opening scene after he gets baptised. Holy shit.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I have Bioshock and Crysis 3, i will have a look at star citizen.. Any others? 

I love the look of Borderlands 2 (with Nvidia gpu it's even better)

bioshock is also good

"Best looking" is really subjective.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

"Best looking" is really subjective.

Best looking in your opinion then. 

Metro: Last Light.

When you first step out of the metro and onto the surface.

Maybe Batman: Arkham Origins with the nice snow physics?

As you wish...

Sleeping Dogs - lighting -, DmC: Devil May Cry, Crysis 1, 2, and 3; Tomb Raider (2013), Bastion, Transistor, Metro: Last Light, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - water effects -, Max Payne 3, Thief (2014), Prince of Persia (2008) - art direction -, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, and, assuming, Rise of the Dark Spark - attention to detail, especially the parts moving on the Transformers's bodies -; modded The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Child of Light, Far Cry 3, Rage, The Witcher 2, Watch_Dogs - really up to debate if the E3 2012 graphics are considered the true presentation or the release is -, Borderlands 2, and... wait for it... Goat Simulator.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Simulators too?

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (3D is amazing) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Metro: Last Light, Witcher 2, the sky in RAGE, Crysis 3, Trine 2.

TW2, Crysis 3 (is crap though) Metro last light.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Civ 5 caught my eye. :)

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

i think Bioshock Infinite Grid Autosport DiRT 3 Gta V Assasin Creed IV Black Flag Far Cry 3 Call Of Duty Ghost Battlefield 3-4 NFS Rivals Tomb Raider Thief Metro Last Light That Is Game With Good Looking Graphics On My Version

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

The Witcher 2 is probably the best looking game I have played.

Dishonored, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Deus Ex: HR, Sleeping Dogs, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Hard Reset, Trine 2(Trine one is also being remade in Trine 2 engine for free updete) are some recent games that may not be graphical powerhouses but the art direction and how the worlds look are very impressive.

I haven't played Metro Last Light and Crysis 3 but they should get a mention anyway.

metro last light was insane, it sometimes freaked me out just how realistic some stuff are.
batman really had the graphcis going for it, and i never had an issue with running it so that's a bonus point.
if you are into simulators i still believe that anno2070 is a good looking game.
and we can't forget about tomb raider :P

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

Crysis 1 with blackfriar mod. Looks really photo realistic. Define best looking though. Artistic or realistic.

Using Tapatalk

Trine 1-2,Crysis 1 with mods,Crysis 2 with mods,Metro 2033 and Last Light,The Witcher 2,Star Citizen,Battlefield 4,Watchdogs,Far Cry 3.

Also Project Cars but it's not out yet.
And yes this is how the game looks ingame:
cars-1341235022-4ff19f4e458c01.jpg
Project-Cars-Desktop.jpg

RTX2070OC 

Hard to say. The Witcher 2 really impressed me, even on medium-ish settings at 1080p. So did Bioshock Infinite, but the art direction is so different they're almost incomparable. Skyrim when heavily modded has potential to give off a really realistic look to the environment in which you find yourself, which is nice.

Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored, Witcher 2 and I thought Alan Wake was a good looking game too.

I don't disagree with any of you. Most of the mentioned games look really good. At least for now.

But there's also some other games that are really well made and might even age better than the super realistic 3D stuff. I'm thinking of games like Bastion and Critter Crunch.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.