Radiator mounted in intake?

Just configure the fans to be intake. Done. :)

I just wasn't sure if it would interfere with cooling at all. When I make the switch over to intel I was gonna also do custom water cooling so I clold see how far I could push the devils canyon i5

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

I just wasn't sure if it would interfere with cooling at all. When I make the switch over to intel I was gonna also do custom water cooling so I clold see how far I could push the devils canyon i5

Really custom watercooling isn't worth it unless you already have bleeding edge hardware. (Like I do.) 

Really custom watercooling isn't worth it unless you already have bleeding edge hardware. (Like I do.) 

well I do plan on doing alot of upgrading like eventually getting a 290x or two as well as massive OCing plus I don't think my Hyper T4 will cool the devil canyon verry well once I start OCing plus I like moding and doing different stuff instead of just blending in lol

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I lold' hard

well I do plan on doing alot of upgrading like eventually getting a 290x or two as well as massive OCing plus I don't think my Hyper T4 will cool the devil canyon verry well once I start OCing plus I like moding and doing different stuff instead of just blending in lol

Don't let hardware snobs get in your way if you want to watercool, do it because it looks awesome and is fun to build. Not because you have "bleeding edge hardware" *rolleyes*

I lold' hard

Don't let hardware snobs get in your way if you want to watercool, do it because it looks awesome and is fun to build. Not because you have "bleeding edge hardware" *rolleyes*

Lol. Dude. Watercooling takes so much of your budget that if you don't already have really good hardware it makes no sense at all. Infact it almost never makes any sense. 

Lol. Dude. Watercooling takes so much of your budget that if you don't already have really good hardware it makes no sense at all. Infact it almost never makes any sense.

I respect your opinion but that's all it is. :)

I lold' hard

will having the rad mounted in an intake area interfere with cooling? again I won't be doing water cooling till I get the Devils canyon CPU and a Z97 motherboard so I have a while to save up since a car will come first lol just trying to plan everything out first like everyone says to do

will having the rad mounted in an intake area interfere with cooling? again I won't be doing water cooling till I get the Devils canyon CPU and a Z97 motherboard so I have a while to save up since a car will come first lol just trying to plan everything out first like everyone says to do

It is preferred to have the radiator as exhaust so that you're not pumping hot air into the case, but if you have decent exhaust, it will make little difference.

Also, I wouldn't worry about your hardware until you have the money, skylake might be released by the time you've saved your money and it'll be the latest and greatest.

Or X99 if you like showing off your epeen... :P

It is preferred to have the radiator as exhaust so that you're not pumping hot air into the case, but if you have decent exhaust, it will make little difference.

Also, I wouldn't worry about your hardware until you have the money, skylake might be released by the time you've saved your money and it'll be the latest and greatest.

Or X99 if you like showing off your epeen... :P

right now not much use going water cooled since I am AMD and ther is only like a .1 ghz boost from air cooled to water cooled. also how reccomended is mounting a rad on the outside of the case? my case is kinda crampped unless I mount it in the front or the rear on the outside. My case has two pre drilled holes there with rubber grauments already

so I want to do a custom water loop but I want it to be as stealth as possible. Can a radiator be mounted in a intake area or does it have to be mounted as an exhaust?

You can mount a radiator in any way you want. Its mostly of what works for you and what you think looks nicer.

But whichever way you decide to mount your rads, I would say your should set your fans up as Pull, so that it will be easier to clean out your radiator of any dust.

You can mount a radiator in any way you want. Its mostly of what works for you and what you think looks nicer.

But whichever way you decide to mount your rads, I would say your should set your fans up as Pull, so that it will be easier to clean out your radiator of any dust.

reason I was thinking mounting it as an intake is because I could mount the fan outside of the case and the rad on the inside of the case that way. the way my Case has it now is there is about a 30-35mm gap between the front of the metal chassis and the mesh on the plastic cover the case came with a fan mounted right there already so I know one would fit