Will adding a 120/140mm rad to my loop be necessary?

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

@LaboonTheWhale

if you were looking for a 5-10° drop in temperatures by adding a single fan radiator to

the loop, no it will not be beneficial. more like 2°-3° (or less) under loaded conditions.

plus more fan(s), more connections, and hellish on tube routing.

justified, nope.

Hey there everyone.

I was just wondering if i added a 120/140mm rad to my loop if it would be beneficial and make a difference. My current loop has a 240mm and a 360mm rad in a Corsair 750D. My rear exhaust is kinda just empty and sitting there with no fan or anything. If i threw in a 120 or a 140mm rad on there would it reduce some of my temps? 

I currently have an AMD FX 8350 no OC and a R9 290 OC'd to Core clock: 1143 MHz and Memory Clock: 1415 MHz. 

At idle my gpu temp is 39-40 degrees and my cpu is 22 degrees. Under load my GPU is around 54 Celsius and i dont recall what my CPU is. 

Would the price of a 120mm or 140mm rad be justified if i added it to my current loop. 

Thanks! 

Hey there everyone.

I was just wondering if i added a 120/140mm rad to my loop if it would be beneficial and make a difference. My current loop has a 240mm and a 360mm rad in a Corsair 750D. My rear exhaust is kinda just empty and sitting there with no fan or anything. If i threw in a 120 or a 140mm rad on there would it reduce some of my temps? 

I currently have an AMD FX 8350 no OC and a R9 290 OC'd to Core clock: 1143 MHz and Memory Clock: 1415 MHz. 

At idle my gpu temp is 39-40 degrees and my cpu is 22 degrees. Under load my GPU is around 54 Celsius and i dont recall what my CPU is. 

Would the price of a 120mm or 140mm rad be justified if i added it to my current loop. 

Thanks! 

yes in theory but it would be  3 or 4 degrees its not worth it to me but its your chose in the end

@LaboonTheWhale

if you were looking for a 5-10° drop in temperatures by adding a single fan radiator to

the loop, no it will not be beneficial. more like 2°-3° (or less) under loaded conditions.

justified, nope.

You don't "Need" to. Though you could. You not going to get much out of a performance boost.

yes in theory but it would be  3 or 4 degrees its not worth it to me but its your chose in the end

@LaboonTheWhale

justified, nope.

Thanks for the input guys! I guess ill get myself a nice fan and slap it in there.