I'm bad at choosing DDR3. Do I need ddr3 4gb ram (normal ram) or ddr3 4gb (gaming ram)

There is no such thing as gaming ram or normal ram.

What's your location? we can link you some decent ram kits.

RAM speed doesn't matter.. The biggest thing that matters is that you have as much capacity that you need. 

Generally, for heavy gaming, 6 or 8 GB is considered to be the best balance of capacity and price. 4 GB should be fine for older and/or lighter games, and anything over 8 GB is a waste of money(for gaming).

What's the rest of your build?

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

There is no such thing as gaming ram or normal ram.

What's your location? we can link you some decent ram kits.

some manufactures clasify their ram as "Gaming memory" or their recommended use will be "Gaming or high performance" I think that is what he is referring to

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

Theres no such thing as gaming ram. What do you plan to use this system for? I would just get the cheapest 4GB 1600mhz ram kit: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233334&cm_re=4GB_1600mhz_ddr3-_-20-233-334-_-Product

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'd recommend 8GB of 1333MHz RAM. There's not much need for high end RAM unless you really like the looks. I'd say Corsair, Kingston and G.Skill are good brands.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+