Build rig suggestions

nescha89

Hi everyone, wanted to ask you guys for some help. Im stuck and can't decide which motherboard and cpu to buy, already have everything else from the list. I want black colored rig with white cathodes(already bought). I live in Austria, Vienna.  I 

Case: Fractal Designe Define r4 Black Pearl

Power: Seasonic 1000 W Platinum

Motherboard: ???

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 240 GB

HD: 2TB and 4 TB Seagate Barracuda

GPU : 1 GTX 780 Ti Classified

Processor: ???? , Cooler: Swiftech h220

Ram: 2x8 GB ddr3  2133 Mhz Dominator Platinum ( I know,they are overpriced but I got them pretty cheap)

Network: TP-LINK Archer C7

mdpc - x sleeving

Budget for the motherboard and cpu around 600 € (euros) , I could maybe throw in another 100, but that is the last option. 

Thanks

Wow, so many viennese people :D (i felt so lonely)

I'll make you a good build, give me a few minutes please :)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

That's a nice rig there!

For the CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1

You might also want an aftermarket CPU cooler...

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

@nescha89

Here you go:

CPU: https://geizhals.at/gigabyte-ga-z97x-ud5h-bk-black-edition-a1107904.html (Note: 4790K is 40 euros (60$) more expensive, so i chose the 4770k)

Motherboard: https://geizhals.at/gigabyte-ga-z97x-ud5h-bk-black-edition-a1107904.html (Note: Black so it fits the colour scheme, has dual LAN ports, has a 5 year warranty, has m.2 and sata express, is separately tested to ensure that it works, and more)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Wow, so many viennese people :D (i felt so lonely)

I'll make you a good build, give me a few minutes please :)

:D  I plan to stay quite a while. Thx man.

That's a nice rig there!

For the CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1

You might also want an aftermarket CPU cooler...

I was also thinking about sabertooth and i7 4790k. What's the difference between those two cpus. You think I won't keep it cool with swiftech h220?

Thx

@nescha89

Here you go:

CPU: https://geizhals.at/gigabyte-ga-z97x-ud5h-bk-black-edition-a1107904.html (Note: 4790K is 40 euros (60$) more expensive, so i chose the 4770k)

Motherboard: https://geizhals.at/gigabyte-ga-z97x-ud5h-bk-black-edition-a1107904.html (Note: Black so it fits the colour scheme, has dual LAN ports, has a 5 year warranty, has m.2 and sata express, is separately tested to ensure that it works, and more)

I like the motherboard, z97x and sabertooth were my final choices.  

:D  I plan to stay quite a while. Thx man.

I was also thinking about sabertooth and i7 4790k. What's the difference between those two cpus. You think I won't keep it cool with swiftech h220?

Thx

Really sorry, forgot about the H220  :D. It's gonna keep your CPU nice and frosty!

The difference between the i7 4790K and the i5 4690K is that the i7 features Hyper-Threading technology. It's more targeted towards video editors, or 3D editors. For gaming, they're both pretty much the same.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I like the motherboard, z97x and sabertooth were my final choices.  

Both the sabertooth and the ud5h feature 5 year warranties and many different features.

The UD5H however has 2 LAN connections (good for servers, NAS, when one LAN port fails you always have a second one, etc.), m.2 SSD support (more common than the sata express found on the sabertooth (ud5h also has sata express)), it is tested to work (prooven, unlike the sabertooth series).

The difference between the 4770k and the 4670k / 4690k is that the 4770k has hyperthreading, meaning it will last you for a longer time as games move towards using more cores.

With your H220, the 4770k shouldn't be a problem to overclock, especially on a z97 board (which is better at OCing than z87 boards for some reason).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Both the sabertooth and the ud5h feature 5 year warranties and many different features.

The UD5H however has 2 LAN connections (good for servers, NAS, when one LAN port fails you always have a second one, etc.), m.2 SSD support (more common than the sata express found on the sabertooth (ud5h also has sata express)), it is tested to work (prooven, unlike the sabertooth series).

The difference between the 4770k and the 4670k / 4690k is that the 4770k has hyperthreading, meaning it will last you for a longer time as games move towards using more cores.

With your H220, the 4770k shouldn't be a problem to overclock, especially on a z97 board (which is better at OCing than z87 boards for some reason).

Ok, I'll go with gigabyte. 4770k is around 280 € and 4790k about 310 € . Which one would you take if it was your own rig?

Ok, I'll go with gigabyte. 4770k is around 280 € and 4790k about 310 € . Which one would you take if it was your own rig?

4770k. If you OC the 4770K to 4.6, you will get  the same performance as a 4790k at 4.6 because they are basically the same CPU.

If you feel like you want the latest and greatest, go with the 4790k, but there is no performance improvement once you overclock the CPUs.

That said, the 4790k will most likely overclock a little higher than the 4770k.

So in the end, you decide.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4