Gdog's build progression, over the past year.

Gdog96

Hi guys, thought I would post the progression of my computer since last year when I first built it. 

It started off looking like this: 1000675x.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The specs where:  CPU: I5 3570K

CPU HEATSINK: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro V2

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z77 D3H

RAM: 4GB of some random Kingston stuff.

SSD: Crucial 30GB boot drive.

HDDs: WD 2TB green plus some other small capacity ones that I had lying around. 

PSU: OCZ CoreXtream 500w. 

CASE: Casecom 6788.  

I constantly did little maintenance to it, just when I had some spare time, until it looked like this:

dsc00242lr.jpg

Not alot of difference I know, main thing was I rotated the CPU cooler. Wire management was so hard in this case. 

This was when my uncle gave me some of his old watercooling stuff. He gave me a 360 radiator and a pump and res combo unit ( but not a bay one ). Because he gave them to me I don't know what make/model they are, sorry guys. 

I also got a GTX 660 for Christmas, which was great, it was a big performance boost from my 550ti. 

My first job was to change the case as there was no way I was getting water cooling in that tiny thing, so I bought a Switch 810. 

I also bought some bitfenix alchemy blue cable extenders, but I didn't buy a CPU 8 pin extender because the switch 810 came with a black one. Unfortunately, this was faulty, when I changed the case and turned on the PC is would turn off again after a few seconds, so I changed the 8 pin extender to an old, non sleeved one I had from before, and it worked. I never got round to buying another bitfenix one. 

Anyway, here's a bad picture from when I first transferred it over and replaced the GPU with the 660:

dsc00248pn.jpg

Now time for watercooling. Before you get to the pics, take not, I know I could have routed the tubing a bit better, but I wanted to make sure I could still remove the graphics card if I needed to. I also had limited options when mounting the pump/res unit, and it didn't have screws to do so. 

1000725d.jpg

1000728mz.jpg

1000727j.jpg

1000730f.jpg

1000729lf.jpg

1000737t.jpg

I had to find adapters for the pump/res, because the threads where not g1/4: 

1000734cg.jpg

1000735f.jpg

1000738l.jpg

I also changed the ram and SSD, so the final specs are: 

CPU: I5 3570K

CPU COOLING: 360 radiator with EK-Supreme LTX CSQ Intel CPU Waterblock and EK EKoolant UV blue coolant.

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z77 D3H

RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix

SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB boot drive., which is behind the motherboard tray.

HDDs: WD 2TB Green, which lives in the hotswap bay, screwed in of course. 

PSU: OCZ CoreXtream 500w. 

CASE: NZXT Switch 810. 

thread is messed up. if you go to edit it that should fix it

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

That was wierd, it was fine until I edited the end, good thing I copied the entire post a minute ago :)

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Awesome progression man. And the tubing actually looks really really good in my opinion, it kind of looks like it is swirling down your rig like natural water.

What I would suggest though is to fix your usb 3.0 front cable so that it runs behind your water tubing but without pushing on the tubing because you don't want to mess up that awesome curve it has going.

Good point, I will give it a go later, though it may change the curvature of the tube as the cable is kind of supporting it, but I will have a go when I next get a chance and post some pics of what it looks like. 

the Progress and Updates of ur rig is looking nice, I do like the Blue SwirleyTubing looks like it alive =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel