[Q] Monsoon Fittings

So i am building a new water cooled computer and i am currently working on matching the fitting's with my tubing. i am going to use Monsoon 1/2" OD white for the actual tube.

but here is where i just seem to not understand what is going on, now i want to get my fittings from monsoon and the ones i liked the most are the Monsoon Free Center Compression Fitting and the Monsoon Chain Gun Compression Fitting but what i just don't understand is which of these is designed to work with hardline tubing? 

as far as i have gathered It involves gluing on an additional piece of acrylic on the end of the rigid acrylic, then screwing that into the fitting. or should i just not bother and get primochill's fitting??

i am confused now  :huh:

if any of you guy's has had experience working with monsoon fitting i'd appreciate the feedback..  :D

I Listen. i Observe. I Learn. I make my own decision 

The monsoon fittings are made for both types of tubing, you need to buy the correct type though. The hardline type if you want to go with hardline tubing (obviously). You can also purchase "adapter" bases for the fittings to convert to either version and back. The expensive part of the fitting that looks fancy (the part you screw on last) is the same for both types.

I recommend going to the Hardline Sticky for more info on how to actually use hardline tubing.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The monsoon fittings are made for both types of tubing, you need to buy the correct type though. The hardline type if you want to go with hardline tubing (obviously). You can also purchase "adapter" bases for the fittings to convert to either version and back. The expensive part of the fitting that looks fancy (the part you screw on last) is the same for both types.

I recommend going to the Hardline Sticky for more info on how to actually use hardline tubing.

i did refer to the sticky but the problem is that monsoon really don't explain the fact the there are different bases for the same models, all what is show are the different sizes of the fitting dons't say if this fitting works for hardline or no..

okay, i may have found the reason of my confusion so lets say that i get a Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings, then i would have to get the Monsoon Hardline Lock Collar Conversion Kit (which is the fitting base you were talking about) to make it possible for the tubing to work with that fitting. am i right? 

Edited by Harmer

i did refer to the sticky but the problem is that monsoon really don't explain the fact the there are different bases for the same models, all what is show are the different sizes of the fitting dons't say if this fitting works for hardline or no..

If you link to the fitting you are planning to buy then we can confirm it is the correct one, but they should be very clearly labeled in the shop description.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

If you link to the fitting you are planning to buy then we can confirm it is the correct one, but they should be very clearly labeled in the shop description.

these are the fittings: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_1026_1027&products_id=34569

and this is the conversion kit: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_1026_1289&products_id=40057

i hope the link works :P

This will save you some money, unless you value being able to convert them back to normal fittings easily: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_1026_1288&products_id=40019

thank you for your help..  :wub: