I need Help building my new pc

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum :)

So, I have a bad PC. And am looking to buy a proper gaming computer. So, after lots of working and stuff... I live in Spain and I have 1600€ witch is around 2180$. 

I have a good 1080p 23" ASUS monitor. Good headphones and nice keyboard and mouse. 

So, my main concern is the actual Computer in itself. And lets just say I don't mind to spend all of my money on it. I have no idea where to start. I am sure that I'm going to buy it all in parts, so i can get the best ones tailored to what i want. 

The things I had in mind where a GTX 780, 16 GB in ram and a 4k i7 intel core processor.

What i want to do with this pc is not only game as I do lots of modeling in programs like cinema 4d. But i would love to run BF4 on ultra 60fps or so. 

If anyone could give me a link to a video or page/forum or even answer directly the parts I need... I would be very grateful :)

If anyone wants to contact me directly, just add me on steam: "JesseLovesMeth" or Skype: "jason.palma46" 

Thanks for reading :) 

-Jesse

I think you are on the right lines with your thoughts. I would suggest something along these lines:

Cpu - i7 4790K

Gpu - GTX 770 would be enough @ 1080P. If you want a bit of future proofing then go for the 780.

Ram - 16GB 2400MHz  would be good if you are doing Ram intensive work. No point in saving a few euros on slower ram imo.

Cooler - H100i or H105 depending on the case would be a good choice for the cooler.

Motherboard - A Gigabyte or Asus Z97 board

Case - Personal preference, but I prefer Corsair cases. I would go for a 750D or Air 540 as both will accommodate the H100i and H105. The 760T is also a nice case, although it is a bit more expensive.

PSU - If you plan on adding a 2nd card then go for an 850W psu. For a single gpu then i would suggest a 600/650W. Both will give you a bit of headroom.

SSD - The Samsung Evo is my SSD of choice. A 256GB would be a good size. You can add a standard mechanical drive for storage.

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum :)

So, I have a bad PC. And am looking to buy a proper gaming computer. So, after lots of working and stuff... I live in Spain and I have 1600€ witch is around 2180$. 

I have a good 1080p 23" ASUS monitor. Good headphones and nice keyboard and mouse. 

So, my main concern is the actual Computer in itself. And lets just say I don't mind to spend all of my money on it. I have no idea where to start. I am sure that I'm going to buy it all in parts, so i can get the best ones tailored to what i want. 

The things I had in mind where a GTX 780, 16 GB in ram and a 4k i7 intel core processor.

What i want to do with this pc is not only game as I do lots of modeling in programs like cinema 4d. But i would love to run BF4 on ultra 60fps or so. 

If anyone could give me a link to a video or page/forum or even answer directly the parts I need... I would be very grateful :)

If anyone wants to contact me directly, just add me on steam: "JesseLovesMeth" or Skype: "jason.palma46" 

Thanks for reading :)

-Jesse

pcpartpicker has only amazon.es as a Spanish merchant. So the choices are a bit limited, but this gives you a starting point.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€271.21 @ Amazon Espana)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€85.00 @ Amazon Espana)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€125.99 @ Amazon Espana)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€100.41 @ Amazon Espana)

Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€99.95 @ Amazon Espana)

Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€82.75 @ Amazon Espana)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (€445.00 @ Amazon Espana)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€116.01 @ Amazon Espana)

Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€137.50 @ Amazon Espana)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  (€101.18 @ Amazon Espana)

Total: €1565.00

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

pcpartpicker has only amazon.es as a Spanish merchant. So the choices are a bit limited, but this gives you a starting point.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€271.21 @ Amazon Espana)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€85.00 @ Amazon Espana)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€125.99 @ Amazon Espana)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€100.41 @ Amazon Espana)

Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€99.95 @ Amazon Espana)

Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€82.75 @ Amazon Espana)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (€445.00 @ Amazon Espana)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€116.01 @ Amazon Espana)

Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€137.50 @ Amazon Espana)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  (€101.18 @ Amazon Espana)

Total: €1565.00

I think you are on the right lines with your thoughts. I would suggest something along these lines:

Cpu - i7 4790K

Gpu - GTX 770 would be enough @ 1080P. If you want a bit of future proofing then go for the 780.

Ram - 16GB 2400MHz  would be good if you are doing Ram intensive work. No point in saving a few euros on slower ram imo.

Cooler - H100i or H105 depending on the case would be a good choice for the cooler.

Case - Personal preference, but I prefer Corsair cases. I would go for a 750D or Air 540 as both will accommodate the H100i and H105. The 760T is also a nice case, although it is a bit more expensive.

PSU - If you plan on adding a 2nd card then go for an 850W psu. For a single gpu then i would suggest a 600/650W. Both will give you a bit of headroom.

SSD - The Samsung Evo is my SSD of choice. A 256GB would be a good size. You can add a standard mechanical drive for storage.

Wow guys thanks you all so much! this has helped me so much! I forgot to mention, I might go for  a second monitor, as they help a lot for working and all that. I was thinking of the BenQ 24" 1080p monitor.

But if you guys know any better one, be sure to tell me. I understand getting the monitor brings the price up, but i can go over my budget for a 100€ more or less xD.

Also thank you so much for answering! haha, i have been on other forums and have no one answer me xD

Cpu - i7 4790K

I'd go for a r9 290 is a complete beast, and should run BF4 on ultra at 60fps. It's way better than the 770

I'd go for a r9 290 is a complete beast, and should run BF4 on ultra at 60fps. It's way better than the 770

The 290 would be my choice, although it depends on whether the op requires CUDA support for the modeling programs, in which case an nvidia card would be a better choice.

Is a copy of Windows or any peripherals needed? What kind of modeling are you doing?

Which shops are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Is a copy of Windows or any peripherals needed? What kind of modeling are you doing?

Which shops are you using?

All I would need would be Windows 8. I have everything else such as a keyboard and mouse. Also, ATM, I am only doing 3d modeling as a hobby, but I potentially would want to be able to work and do things like this professionally. So I want a pc that can run things like this easily.

Also thank you all for giving me recomendations and everything. I do however would like to stick with nvidia as they have always been more reliable in mi personal experience

hes doing modeling work and cuda is usually supported to accelerate the program just saying.

hes doing modeling work and cuda is usually supported to accelerate the program just saying.

Cinema 4D, the modeling program specifically mentioned in the OP, uses cpu & memory for renders. The gpu is only used for previews.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Cinema 4D, the modeling program specifically mentioned in the OP, uses cpu & memory for renders. The psu is only used for previews.

oops didn't see that ty! makes more sense to me now.

All I would need would be Windows 8. I have everything else such as a keyboard and mouse. Also, ATM, I am only doing 3d modeling as a hobby, but I potentially would want to be able to work and do things like this professionally. So I want a pc that can run things like this easily.

Also thank you all for giving me recomendations and everything. I do however would like to stick with nvidia as they have always been more reliable in mi personal experience

Can you describe the scale of the projects you are planning to work on?

Where are you shopping?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.