EK-FC770 w/EK-FC780 backplate

I just got my waterblock and the backplate in for my EVGA GTX770 ACX the waterblock looks fairly straight forward to put on so I shouldn't have any issues with that. I was looking at EK's instructions for the backplate installation and it states to only use the thermal pads with the titian. It also shows a reference card without any vram chips on the back for the other compatible cards.  I'm wondering do I indeed need to use the thermal pads since I had vram chips on the back of my 770 or do I forgo using them since it states it's only for the titan? Thanks in advance guys I appreciate your help!

Contact EK. Someone might give you the wrong info on here by accident. Don't want to damage your graphics card when you can get info directly from the vendor.

I'm not sure what I was looking at lol I feel really dumb. The 770 even acx version doesn't have any vram chips, in my dark case it looked like it did and I didn't want to take my card out until I was prepared to install everything. Went to take a pic to post to EK to submit a ticket and found this out. Thanks fringie certainly a doh! moment :blush: