Logitech G710+

shirokado

Logitech G710+

First time trying brown switches, only tried blues, blacks, and reds. I personally hate reds. Im still not sure how I feel about the brown switches.

The g710+ has brown switches, but they felt funny and the key strokes felt incomplete. I figured out later that the g710+ has rubber orings on the bottom of the switches. I took 15 minutes of my time to pull every single one of them out. Now I can see why alot of people like brown switches. They are light to press(which i like for gaming) and has a little tactile bump(not really noticable like blues, but more then blacks)

Personally I'd rather just use a Blue keyboard or a Black keyboard. Since I have tried browns, they are the 3rd on my list, making reds my 4th. Instead of red sharing 3rd with browns.

The backlight is bright, but for some reason, the shade of white they used reminds me of a semen. I have no fucking idea why. 

Th g710+ has a glossy finish on the keyboard. I don't really see why anybody would touch any of the glossy area, so I don't really mind it. It looks nice after all.

The volume slider thing feels a bit stiff, I like how they use a similar design to corsair's keyboards but it doesn't feel as smooth as corsair's volume slider thing.

The wrist rest feels awsome. I have never really used wrist rests because i thought they were stupid. Well the g710+ changed my opinion on wrist rests. All mechanical keyboards should come with wrists rest IMO.

The only complaint I can make about this keyboard is,

Included O-Rings( I hate these )

The orange plastic around the macro keys

Stiff volume slider thingy

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

The volume slider didn't really feel stiff to me. Well having it stiff will mean that it won't be easy to change volume.You can disassemble the keyboard and paint the orange plastic around the macro keys. Someone did it at overclock.net: http://www.overclock.net/t/1316586/logitech-g710-disassembly-and-modification-56k-warning

Theres lots of images so if you're on data don't access this website.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer