Can I bring a Mini-Itx computer through Security as a carry-on?

S3188

Can I?

What about as a check-in?

Can I?

probably not if you want to get on the plane :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

probably not if you want to get on the plane :P

^^^ This. I doubt there are any rules against it but counting on the TSA to know its just a PC and not a destructive device is a risk I would certainly not take. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I think you can, unless the case are made of knives or C4 ^.^

Current Build Logs : ~ "The Future is Back" ~ "NES, The Little Beast" ~

z170l || i5-6600k || Noctua something cooler || 2x16gb ddr4 || msi 1050ti superlowprofile || hdplex 260w psu

Where are you located @S3188 ?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Where are you located @S3188 ?

Minnesota going to switzerland

You should be fine as long as it goes through the x ray machine thing where you put laptops.

Just disconnect the gpu so that turbulence/vibrations does not snap it as they really are not that secure.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Minnesota going to switzerland

I certainly would not. Especially an mITX build, as most people are not familiar with a PC of that size, if it was mATX or ATX, then it might be different. 

My Father is an Electrical Engineer and was flying to Europe pre 9-11 and got questioned pretty good about some diagnostic equipment that he had with him. In the end they asked him to check it and not carry it on.

Your call though.

how big is the case?

there is no problems with laptops.

as long as its not huge there should be no problem

I don't imagine there would be any issues, give your airline a call ahead of time to see if they have specific regulations for these types of carry-on.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

how big is the case?

there is no problems with laptops.

as long as its not huge there should be no problem

The case size is a silverstone ML05

The case size is a silverstone ML05

oh its tiny. there should be no problem

I'm not a 100% sure but my guess would be no since we are all treated as terrorists when trying to fly.

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

I had called TSA recently as I was curious about brining a mATX build as carry on (domestically)-- N200. I was told that there shouldn't be any issues...but it would be completely dependent on the agents on staff. As such I ended up deciding to just rebuild it when I get where I'm going. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.