watercooling question

so i was planning on setting up a waterbox. as this thing is supposed to handle anything i throw at it in the future i was going for 3 of those white 480 rads from xspc

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Wasserkuehlung/Radiatoren/480mm-Radiatoren/XSPC-Quad-Fan-Radiator-AX480-480mm-weiss::24191.html

and probably attach gelid wings to them.

so now for the question. do you think 3x480 is enough for future use and i know its enough but i mean for like realy low noise, and also can you recommend a fan controller setup for 12 fans?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Liquid cooling temperatures are drastically determined by the volume of coolant in the loop, with a waterbox you should be able to handle the most ridiculous setups with ease.

1 thick 120 rad is good enough to cool 2 290xs , now making the math you would fit about 8 290xs on that shiatz ( assuming that rad is 50% thicker than the 480 )

Liquid cooling temperatures are drastically determined by the volume of coolant in the loop, with a waterbox you should be able to handle the most ridiculous setups with ease.

1 thick 120 rad is good enough to cool 2 290xs , now making the math you would fit about 8 290xs on that shiatz ( assuming that rad is 50% thicker than the 480 )

well thanks i just needed some asurence, any ideas about the fan controllers?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

well thanks i just needed some asurence, any ideas about the fan controllers?

Personally I'd just get some 7v adapters with a fan hub, that or try find a PWM fan hub, though I'm not entirely sure if there are fan hubs for 16 fans.

Personally I'd just get some 7v adapters with a fan hub, that or try find a PWM fan hub, though I'm not entirely sure if there are fan hubs for 16 fans.

12 would be sufficient

Personally I do not think that a 120.1 rad, thick or not (you can get 30-35mm rads that perform as well as 60mm) would be enough for 2 gpu's, especially 290x's given how hot they run. Generally the minimum is 120.1 for each component but I like to have a bit more headroom than that so I would say a 120.3 for 2 gpus and then a 120.2 for a cpu. In your case though you have more than enough headroom for pretty much any setup!

As far as fan controllers, if they are 30w per channel you should be able to easily daisy chain 12 fans. Something like this would work http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/129-sentry-mix-2-fan-control you could run 2 fans per channel. However you may want a different look or style of control so just look for any controller with say, 20w or more per channel. 

Personally I do not think that a 120.1 rad, thick or not (you can get 30-35mm rads that perform as well as 60mm) would be enough for 2 gpu's, especially 290x's given how hot they run. Generally the minimum is 120.1 for each component but I like to have a bit more headroom than that so I would say a 120.3 for 2 gpus and then a 120.2 for a cpu. In your case though you have more than enough headroom for pretty much any setup!

As far as fan controllers, if they are 30w per channel you should be able to easily daisy chain 12 fans. Something like this would work http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/129-sentry-mix-2-fan-control you could run 2 fans per channel. However you may want a different look or style of control so just look for any controller with say, 20w or more per channel. 

I was referencing the 295x2 , it has a thick 120 rad to cool both gpus 

I was referencing the 295x2 , it has a thick 120 rad to cool both gpus 

That is a good point actually. The 120.1 rad on that gpu does seem to hold the its temps in check somewhat  but I think that was more of a balance of compatibility and cooling performance - Nearly every case can accommodate a 120.1 rad on the exhaust fan but gaming temps are quite high at 70~ and it actually throttles in furmark/stress testing. Ideally load temps would be around 50~ max so I think you can see it does need more cooling capacity.