HDD Not being read by computer. = Confused

StarbuckSG1

Hey everybody!  ^_^

Okay so I have finished my build and everything went really smooth! Until today I wanted to install a second Green 1TB HDD which was in an external case and I bought it about 2 years ago. Now i've plugged the power and the SATA in and the SATA into the motherboard. and nothing. I can feel that the HDD is receiving power but when I go into the BIOS screen on start up the motherboard is not reading it, it says the SATA port is EMPTY, my 2TB Black HDD and 250gb SSD is being read fine.Device manager screen isn't reading it either. Now I am pretty confident I have everything plugged in right considering it's exactly the same as the 2TB. Can anyone find where I have gone wrong? I can post pics if that help?? i'm so confused!! Maybe I should just go buy a new one and leave this one as an external?

Thanks guys!  ;)

• CPU -Intel Core i7 4770K; MotherboardMSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard; RAMG.Skill Ripjaws Z F3-2133C11D-16GZL (2x8GB) 16GB DDR3; GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB; CaseNZXT Phantom 630 Case Matte Black with Window; StorageSamsung 840 EVO Series 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001; PSUCorsair RM-750 80 Plus Gold Power Supply; DisplayASUS VS278Q 27" 1ms HDMI Full HD LED Monitor; CoolingNZXT Kraken X60 280mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler; KeyboardROCCAT Isku FX Illuminated Gaming Keyboard; MouseROCCAT Kone XTD Gaming Mouse; PC Part Picker URLhttp://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=742ec69d75dd33c5e3db0fbe1611504a

Hey everybody!  ^_^

Okay so I have finished my build and everything went really smooth! Until today I wanted to install a second Green 1TB HDD which was in an external case and I bought it about 2 years ago. Now i've plugged the power and the SATA in and the SATA into the motherboard. and nothing. I can feel that the HDD is receiving power but when I go into the BIOS screen on start up the motherboard is not reading it, it says the SATA port is EMPTY, my 2TB Black HDD and 250gb SSD is being read fine.Device manager screen isn't reading it either. Now I am pretty confident I have everything plugged in right considering it's exactly the same as the 2TB. Can anyone find where I have gone wrong? I can post pics if that help?? i'm so confused!! Maybe I should just go buy a new one and leave this one as an external?

Thanks guys!  ;)

go into disk management and format it ?  my bad i didn't read 

go into disk management and format it ?  my bad i didn't read 

hahaha that's okay, any ideas what it could be?

• CPU -Intel Core i7 4770K; MotherboardMSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard; RAMG.Skill Ripjaws Z F3-2133C11D-16GZL (2x8GB) 16GB DDR3; GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB; CaseNZXT Phantom 630 Case Matte Black with Window; StorageSamsung 840 EVO Series 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001; PSUCorsair RM-750 80 Plus Gold Power Supply; DisplayASUS VS278Q 27" 1ms HDMI Full HD LED Monitor; CoolingNZXT Kraken X60 280mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler; KeyboardROCCAT Isku FX Illuminated Gaming Keyboard; MouseROCCAT Kone XTD Gaming Mouse; PC Part Picker URLhttp://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=742ec69d75dd33c5e3db0fbe1611504a

Should I maybe Transfer everything off of it to my 2TB and try reformatting it in the external case? Then put it back into my PC? I'm not sure i'm just throwing ideas out there...