Logitech G700S - What's the quality like?

Go to solution Solved by Darkstar101,

Get the G700s. :P

So, I've been looking into a new mouse recently to replace my current G300. Not a bad mouse, but it's a little too small in my for my grip.

Currently the mouse I'm looking into is the G700S from Logitech. However, I've had a few questions regarding it.

First, what is it like vs. the Performance MX. The only reason I ask is because I used to use (and rather like) the MX before I got the G300. In fact, I only replaced it because the switches on it kept failing. 

Second, what is the battery life like on it? Do i have to charge it every day? Once a week? Every second millennium?

Third, what is Logitech's support like? I don't really want to get it then be left a $90 paperweight due to switch problems (not that I think Logitech's stuff is bad, just being cautious).

Finally, is there anything else that people would suggest?

Now, cause it's probably useful:

Grip type: palm grip

Main use: editing+gaming (first person games mostly)

Resolution: 1920 X 1080.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

i suggest an optical wired mouse. g700s- battery life is horrible,like 8 hours,and it takes like 4 to charge. its a bulky mouse and the recharge cable is heavy and thick. a lot of ppl buys a samsung galaxy S cable and use that instead. so for fps games its the worst thing in the world

i suggest an optical wired mouse. g700s- battery life is horrible,like 8 hours,and it takes like 4 to charge. its a bulky mouse and the recharge cable is heavy and thick. a lot of ppl buys a samsung galaxy S cable and use that instead. so for fps games its the worst thing in the world

OK, any mice you'd recommend?

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

G502. Doesn't get much better than that if you want to go Logitech.

Ok, I'll look into it.

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Ok, I'll look into it.

Before you drop wireless mice then look into the G602 from Logitech and the battery life is amazing. got the mouse at christmas, shifted it first time about a month ago

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Get the G700s. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series