Steam sale help: Fallout?

Xafer

Hey guys!

So i just saw fallout 3 and new vegas was on sale, and i heard alot of good things about those games on the forum. 

But which one of them should i try, which one is the best of them?

i personally liked fallout3 more than new vegas

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I liked New Vegas more D:

Fallout 3 has a better story though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Fallout 3 for story, New Vegas for content and both for mods. I would wait to buy them however. They will be on sale untill the 30th and there is a big chance it can end up as a Daily, Flash or Community option for a lower price. Also if it dose go on sale you could probably get it even cheaper on the Key "black market" (Trading with TF2 Dota 2 or CSGO in Crate/Chest/Box Keys)

Corsair 550D / i5-4690k @4.6GHz / Asus Maximus VII Hero / Asus GTX 980 Strix @1.6Ghz / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8G (2x4096) 2400MHz / Corsair HX 850w / Corsair Neutron GTX 120g SSD / Segate 2TB + 8g Hybrid

Why not have both?

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Why not have both?

Dont know if i'll like them. So even though ther's a discount, its a bit expensive if i end up not pleying them.

If you wait for a flash sale then chances are you can pick up the GOTY/Ultimate editions for just $4.99 each.

i5 4690k  -  MSI Z97M Gaming  -  GTX 970  -  Kingston HyperX Savage  -  Samsung 840 EVO  -  Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

I am hoping FOI, Tactics, and II go on flash or daily sale. I never got to play them :( . FO3 and FONV are without a doubt in my top 10 all time favorites. I never even played them with mods (XB360) and I still got hundreds of hours of solid enjoyment out of both.

Unless you need to play them right away, you might as well wait until the end of June in case they go on daily or flash sale (seems likely)!

I really had fun with the two games and would recommend playing both if you are able. If I had to chose 3 or NV, can't really help you there.

If you do end up purchasing a FO game, I sure hope you enjoy it!

They're on Flash now, hurry up and get FO3 GOTY asap and then if you like it grab FONV at the Autumn Sale.

I liked Fallout 3 the most. I never actually finished New Vegas.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Ok, did you like Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim? If you did, Fallout 3 and New Vegas are basically using the same engine, only they are post-apocalyptic.

If you played Fallout or Fallout 2, don't expect these to be similar. The story seems a lot darker in 3 and the engine is also very different (for obvious reasons), there is still humor in 3, but I find 1 & 2 to be funnier and as such, better.

For a better story, go for Fallout 3, but for a better overall game I did enjoy New Vegas more.