TIM

I've heard wonderful things about the Coollabratory Liquid Pro/Ultra. I've also heard this stuff dries like cement after a while, and I've heard its primarially for delided CPU's. Who knows. I'm thinking I'll just skip the liquid metal stuff.

Btw, for those who do use conductive liquid tim, what was your application method? Bead and pressure? Brush on?

Any suggestions for thermal compound for a water cooled non-delided CPU? FYI I'm not one to reapply tim if I can help it. Heck I used the preapplied tim on my H50's block and haven't touched it since. Still runs like a champ and its pretty old.

You might want to try http://www.overclock.net/f/ or  http://www.overclockers.com/

They are a little more hardcore when it comes to overclocking and performance than we are here. The people over there have a lot more experience and knowledge on stuff like this. Not too many LN2 overclockers on LTT...

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I like arctic cooling MX-4

But I feel like there are many good options out there, like Noctua's  or Antec's TIM.

IIRC, Linus and Slick use Antec's stuff for all their thermal pasting needs.

I think the only ones to be wary of are the conductive TIMs, such as Arctic Silver 5.

AS5 also has a long burn in time

I would go with some of the other brands that other users have posted on this thread.

While it would be completely permanent, jb weld I think would work great (at the least you would never ever have to worry about the heat sink falling off)

although in not sure if jb weld would be too stiff to install

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

My current favourite is Thermene, it's a new product based off graphene powder. Make sure to get the Gen 2.0 version if going with this.

Gelid GC Extreme and Prolimatech PK-3 are also top notch.

Have you ever used IC Diamond and Indigo Extreme and if you have, how would you say it stacks up against this Thermene? I keep hearing about but cannot seem to find any benchmarks on it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Indigo Extreme is definitely not worth the effort to be honest, I tried out one sample and wasn't impressed by it. I haven't tried IC Diamond myself but I can measure thermal conductivity if someone sends me a sample.

I have tried Indigo Extreme and while it is a nerve wrecking thing to install it works best with a low ambient. At my daytime ambient of 31C it has my CPU at the same temperature as IC Diamond but in a lower ambient when the air conditioning is at 20C the Indigo Extreme has a lower temperature than IC Diamond in the same ambient.

Since i posted here i have been checking the interwebs about this Thermene and i have found out that there are many thermene TIMs out but it seems that they are counterfeit and even the Theremene site says that they do not endorse the claims or is in partnership with thermene.ws.

I only found one guy on youtube who used a graphene TIM but it was not or did not look like Thermene-Graphene 2nd Gen TIM here.

I will wait for reviews before i purchase this Thermene TIM.

Ya, there was another company selling some pretty crappy TIM before. There is only one Thermene, the other company was Graphene.ws. Anyway I did some tests myself and that's why I am going/recommending Thermene now:

While all this was going on, I got in touch with Thermene who have been making thermal paste from graphene. While their gen 1 paste from graphene oxide wasn't ground breaking, I got 2 samples of their new gen 2 paste and it is really promising. We have a home built device to measure electrical and thermal conductivity of thin films and I tested this against MX-4, PK-3 and AS-5. I don't know how the latter 3 measured their values but, other than PK-3, the actual values I got are different than what they report- especially AS-5 which was noticeably worse.

UU5uXFAl.jpg

Thermene, on the other hand, came in at 11.44 W/mK which is the best of the 4 I tested. The measurements done took cure time into consideration and the mounting is not a variable either so I am very impressed by it. I was in no way sponsored to say this and I will be using it in my build (and likely everywhere else in the future). PK-3 was quite close too for those who are wondering.

Ya, there was another company selling some pretty crappy TIM before. There is only one Thermene, the other company was Graphene.ws. Anyway I did some tests myself and that's why I am going/recommending Thermene now:

Wish you had some IC Diamond to put the test to and a video of this test would be great.