Black Fenix

Underachiever101

This is a new build il be doing! I'm getting this together for my move to college so i wanted something smaller and more portable for a college life. Here is a part list, feel free to leave some comments.

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy In Midnight Black

CPU: i5 2500k

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77N mini ITX

GPU: GTX 480

RAM: 8Gb Corsair XMS3

Cooler: Corsair H80i

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500Gb 7200RPM, Hitachi 250Gb 5400RPM

PSU: XFX XXX PRO 650w

I plan on doing a little modding to the case to make it a little more easy to manage with the parts that i have. I will be adding a 200mm fan in the front for extra airflow and taking out the top HDD cage to make room for airflow and the GTX 480. I also may be doing some side panel artwork on it as well. Pics to come as the project comes along!

Im looking forward to this! I am also thinking of doing a Prodigy build over the summer so I can take it to college, and would like to see how this works out. 

why not 3570k or wait for haswell?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Why such an old GPU? I presume you're reusing it from an old build?

Yep! And i still havent met a game yet i cant put on 1080p ultra, even crysis 3. 

Yep! And i still havent met a game yet i cant put on 1080p ultra, even crysis 3. 

Glad to here it!

Yep! I will be upgrading however to the next generation GPU from whichever side offers the best price to performance ratio. 

Yep! I will be upgrading however to the next generation GPU from whichever side offers the best price to performance ratio. 

My best guess is the Nvidia's 800 series, but who knows

I may go 700 if there is a drastic enough performance delta, but just have to wait and see. I also have to look at games of the day and see if there will be any strain on my card anyway! 

I may go 700 if there is a drastic enough performance delta, but just have to wait and see. I also have to look at games of the day and see if there will be any strain on my card anyway! 

700 series was what I meant to say lol, but sounds good to me. I just bought a 650ti boost SC 2GB and love it so far, handled everything I throw at it, was only $180

@Adorable: sorry, i forgot that part! i just updated it! and yeah my friend has a 660ti 3gb and is in love, but im gonna wait and see, maybe save some money XD. Thanks for you awesome feedback btw

Corsair Caviar Blue??

Sorry! XD thanks doug, its been fixed! WOW i hope this thread is still this popular when i actually start the build!

Sorry! XD thanks doug, its been fixed! WOW i hope this thread is still this popular when i actually start the build!

Good luck with the build. I really like the Prodigy case. I used the Shinobi for my rig.

Oh the shinobi was a big big consideration for my last rig! its a nice case. To keep this thread going, can you guys post some artwork that you think would look great on a Prodigy? Thanks, cant wait to see them. 

Oh the shinobi was a big big consideration for my last rig! its a nice case. To keep this thread going, can you guys post some artwork that you think would look great on a Prodigy? Thanks, cant wait to see them.

The design of your pc is such a personal thing. What type of artwork did you envision?

Ok so quick update, I am switching mobos to an Asrock h77 because i have a Sandy Bridge Processor and im not going to benefit much from the z77 chipset, plus it saved me a couple dollars.

Ok so quick update, I am switching mobos to an Asrock h77 because i have a Sandy Bridge Processor and im not going to benefit much from the z77 chipset, plus it saved me a couple dollars.

looking forward to ur build!! i suggest sticking with a z77 board..u might never knw if u wanna upgrade in the future. regretted my purchase on a h77 board.  :(

Thanks! Parts are in this week and pics should be up by the weekend!

Here are some day 1 photos as I get the case stripped and peeped for the h80i and the 200mm fan I put in. I also went ahead and took out all the hdd cages and hardware to make room for my gtx 480 and just reduce some clutter

post-13538-0-97850200-1369614145_thumb.j

post-13538-0-08067900-1369614183_thumb.j

post-13538-0-97850200-1369614145_thumb.j

post-13538-0-08067900-1369614183_thumb.j

the 480 pulls out alot of heat I want to get one but instead got a 660ti

Will there be more pics? It's nice to see someone using a black prodigy - they look better than the white by far IMHO.

OnePlus 6T