Parts selected, need feedback!

Apothem

So ive spent the past few days assembling my parts list and i cannot say thank you enough to the community here, you are all live savers, here is what I have got going so far... (no i dont want an ssd right now)

Please let me know if you see any parts that arent compatible or there is something obvious that I am missing or might need, Thanks!

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xr5n
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xr5n/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Cooling MX4 4g Thermal Paste  ($9.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX  AM3+ Motherboard  ($122.99 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.98 @ Outlet PC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Newegg) 
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($52.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1130.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-15 20:18 EDT-0400)

Chris

My only suggestion would be is lose the optical drive (if possible), chose a less wattage psu, and downgrade (slightly mind you) to a 7950, and take the saved money to add a ssd to the build as a boot drive.

*edit didn't put the graphics card number

That seems like a great, well rounded build. A minor thing would be do you really need an optical drive? Many people get by without one, as essentially all programs are downloaded now. But, if you do need one, go for it.

As the guy before me said, a 750w power supply is essentially overkill for your current setup, as power supplies get there peak efficiency at 80% load, so you may be losing some power efficiency with this. 

My only suggestion would be is lose the optical drive (if possible), chose a less wattage psu, and downgrade (slightly mind you), and take the saved money to add a ssd to the build as a boot drive.

optical drive for installing things :p Im going with the psu for future upgrade and gpu's, What do you think would be reasonable

i still wouldn't buy a CPU cooler that can spin up to 2200rpm...but the rest is nice

Get a 7950 it's like 10% less powerful and is $200 cheaper. With that money saved buy an SSD and 1866 memory (you might as well run the processors standard). other than that it's a great build but I personally don't like the case.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

That seems like a great, well rounded build. A minor thing would be do you really need an optical drive? Many people get by without one, as essentially all programs are downloaded now. But, if you do need one, go for it.

As the guy before me said, a 750w power supply is essentially overkill for your current setup, as power supplies get there peak efficiency at 80% load, so you may be losing some power efficiency with this. 

yea unfortunatly i have windows on cds and its dirt cheap

Get a 7950 it's like 10% less powerful and is $200 cheaper. With that money saved buy an SSD and 1866 memory (you might as well run the processors standard). other than that it's a great build but I personally don't like the case.

the ones i was looking at the 7970s werent to badly priced compared to the 7950, I just want it to be able to last a little longer,

the ones i was looking at the 7970s werent to badly priced compared to the 7950, I just want it to be able to last a little longer,

you will really feel the difference between 35 and 38fps! wait....no not really. A 7950 is really close to a 7970 and you won't have it longer because of 3 fps. you will change your card at the same time around.

my cpu fan should be able to keep my 8350 nice and cool correct?

Yes, I am currently using the hyper 212 +, and it works quite well.

Going back to the graphics card though, you would be able to see more of a difference with adding a ssd, than getting the 7970 over the 7950. 

my cpu fan should be able to keep my 8350 nice and cool correct?

jep, cooler than stock. it's a cheap heatsink. it will perform ok as long as you don't push your 8350 to hard, than the fan will get really loud

Yes, I am currently using the hyper 212 +, and it works quite well.

Going back to the graphics card though, you would be able to see more of a difference with adding a ssd, than getting the 7970 over the 7950. 

that's Phothems 3rd or 4th post for this pc, and more than one person thinks he should go with the 7950 he just dosn't want to :D

that's Phothems 3rd or 4th post for this pc, and more than one person thinks he should go with the 7950 he just dosn't want to :D

im stubborn and like big numbers.... no but my 7970 isnt much more expensive the the gigabyte version of 7950

im stubborn and like big numbers. 

lol

The money you saved you could buy another 7950 for xfire and have your "big numbers".

does new egg ever have a memorial day sale? or should i just go ahead and order my parts

does new egg ever have a memorial day sale? or should i just go ahead and order my parts

I think but I would just order it.

I think but I would just order it.

I am not sure if you have been looking at prices, but I usually track prices for a while to ensure I get the best prices. A few great places to go are camelcamelcamel.com for Amazon price tracking and techbargains.com for any other vendors.

I would suggest an SDD for a boot drive :) other than that a NICE build :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I would suggest an SDD for a boot drive :) other than that a NICE build :D

Thanks alot!

And one more thing, Im kind of worried about static electricity. Im not sure if I need an anti static wrist band or should just touch the case or something. if I were to touch the case, which part would i touch and how can i actually tell if im "decharged"

Thanks alot!

which part would i touch and how can i actually tell if im "decharged"

plug in the power supply with it off and touch it