I need help picking parts for my first pc build

This is what have and the rest idk want is good or not, iam building a gaming/media, make changes to any thing that might lower the price or increase the performance. 

My budget $600 to $1000 

can be more if needed

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB  $224

MotherBoard: ASUS P8Z77-V Lk ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 SLI DVI HDMI DP USB3.0 Motherboard$139

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5in SATA3 MDX Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD$125

Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 7200.12 1TB SATA 32MB Cache 3.5in Internal Hard Drive OEM$79

Monitor: ASUS MX279H 27IN Widescreen LED Backlit AH-IPS LCD Monitor 1920x1080 5MS 80M:1 HDMI DVI w/ Speakers$358

RAM: Patriot Viper 3 8GB 2X4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 1.5V Dual Channel Memory Kit - Black Mamba$65

Case: Corsair C70 Arctic White (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case$109

Video card: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III 880MHZ 3GB 1250MHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI 2XMINI DP DX11 PCI-E Video Card$312

thats some nice hardware....Really need such a big case? Or the fastest SSD on the market? :D

thats some nice hardware....Really need such a big case? Or the fastest SSD on the market? :D

i am future proofing so if i want to water cool i dont have to get a nother case

what do you mean by fastest ssd on the market?

You said that this will be a gaming rig, so are you gaming off of the HD 4000 graphics?

While you may be future proofing, there could be other options out there for a case, as well as the Samsung 840 pro. Replacing that with a cheaper ssd, and a different case, you could probably save $100+, which you could easily spend on other areas of your build. 

You said that this will be a gaming rig, so are you gaming off of the HD 4000 graphics?

While you may be future proofing, there could be other options out there for a case, as well as the Samsung 840 pro. Replacing that with a cheaper ssd, and a different case, you could probably save $100+, which you could easily spend on other areas of your build. 

thanks for the advise 

I don't Know what kind of video card i should get for a gaming/media

I don't Know what kind of video card i should get 

It really depends on what you're planning to do. A great way to decide would be to go on Linus' Youtube channel, and search benchmark showdown. There, you will be able to see a variety of benchmarks for any game you plan to play. He has a variety of price points, and you can see what fps you will get if you buy a certain card, and play a certain game. 

It really depends on what you're planning to do. A great way to decide would be to go on Linus' Youtube channel, and search benchmark showdown. There, you will be able to see a variety of benchmarks for any game you plan to play. He has a variety of price points, and you can see what fps you will get if you buy a certain card, and play a certain game. 

Okay

You're missing a psu.

Something like the cx600: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.