Got some water cooling questions

Hello good people, I was going to write a long post explaining how i am about to do my first water cool setup in the next few months and how i have been watching hours of youtube videos and reading as many forums as i can bear but I will just cut to the chase :P

Will a 360mm & 120mm Swiftech quiet edition Raid with 120mm Corsair SP quiet edition fans in pull be enough to cool a i5 3570K with GTX 670 in SLI?

i am thinking yes from the homework i have done but would just like a answer from some experienced watercoolers :)

Will a single MCP655/D5 pump be enough for the setup i listed above?

(NZXT 810 Switch is the case) again i have seen much more elaborate setups on youtube running on a single D5 pump but just looking for some assurance.

Does reservoir size have any impact or bearing on the loop?

This is one question i haven't found any answer too.  Was looking to go with the XSPC Tank Reservoir for the D5 pump due to small compact size and cost.

Super big thank you  :D  in advance. 

• Yes its enough. Add as many rads as you can for quieter fans. But if that's all you can fit you will be fine.
  • Yes, the D5 is a notoriously underestimated pump, it is very strong.
  • No, the reservoir is literally a basin of water  which is there so your pump has a constant unconditional supply of water. The amount in the basin makes no difference as long as it is full at all times while the pump is running. If there is a res made for a pump you are basically guaranteed it will work.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Thanks for the super fast answer Ghost, your a Boss on this forum (tweeting to Linus that you need a shout out on the live steam for how awesome you are on this forum) :)   

Hello good people, I was going to write a long post explaining how i am about to do my first water cool setup in the next few months and how i have been watching hours of youtube videos and reading as many forums as i can bear but I will just cut to the chase :P

1. Will a 360mm & 120mm Swiftech quiet edition Raid with 120mm Corsair SP quiet edition fans in pull be enough to cool a i5 3570K with GTX 670 in SLI?

2. Will a single MCP655/D5 pump be enough for the setup i listed above?

3. Does reservoir size have any impact or bearing on the loop?

Super big thank you  in advance. 

1a. no not really, it'll keep the temps under 80° either up the fan speed or thicker radiator.

a 360 x 60mm will keep the CPU and one GPU easily with overclocks and you'll need

240x 60mm added 2nd GPU additionally.

2a. yes

3a. no

airdeano

1a. no not really, it'll keep the temps under 80° either up the fan speed or thicker radiator.

Really? 480mm for 77W+170W+170W = 417W (ignoring overclocks)? Should be enough no?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

having worked with the swifties you gotta have some ripper fans to get temps

to normalize. they pack a fin density package in those radiators. ive had

a 360 with AP-15 and finally moved to the SP120 to make the temps get below 50°

for a hot overclock and GPU clock. either the quiet or performance series..

they just are flat restrictive. the XSPC EX-series is more "forgiving" in fan speed

and temperature performance. you could daisy chain 20 swiftie rads and still be dis-satisfied

on performance. even the BIX II is far better than swiftech rads (and I do not like BIX II).

I always have to assume an overclock is involved, it'll bite back with configed with no 

headroom.

airdeano

Really? 480mm for 77W+170W+170W = 417W (ignoring overclocks)? Should be enough no?

mathematically, yes.. real world, with 800-1200rpm fans on them really takes the watt package

down. the capabilities are there, just not the fan support.

airdeano

Sorry i should have mentioned the OC i due plan on taking the 3570K to a small OC of around 4.2Ghz (4.5Ghz max) and don't plan on OC the 670s.  i looked at some reviews and i think i am going to go with the XSPC EX360 in push/pull and a EX120 with just pull with a little higher fan speed since it will look really weird in push/pull.  Ty for the input :) if you guys would be willing later?  I can make a post with full list of parts and a MS paint sketch of how i plan on running the loop if you would like to rip into my noobness and point out other potential mistakes i might be making.        

Question 1 = yes. Question 2 + yes. Question 3 = no. However the free standing pumps can be silenced with either high density foam or silicone underneath it while the 3.5 inch res/pump combos from xspc and others are almost impossible to silence so you will need to look for a quiet one.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.