Review: Logitech g700s

So my old Microsoft Sidewinder mouse bit the dust, so in light of review done by Linus, I figured I would get the g700s. And not that it makes a huge difference, but I used the Mionix Ensis 320 mouse pad with this mouse. 

First Impressions: The packaging was amazing, I know that doesn't really factor in to how the mouse performs, but I just thought that it should be noted. It looks much better than the previous mice have, in my humble opinion of course. I love size and shape of the mouse, even though I am going from a clay style grip to this palm style grip. The buttons are places just right, out of the way yet within an easy reach for long hours of gaming. And we can't forget about rule number 32, its the little things; The battery came almost fully charged and ready to go. 

Upon further analysis: My favorite feature of the mouse is the ability quickly switch the scroll wheel from smooth to a "notched" style. It is one of those features that I didn't even know I would use, but now that I have it I love it. Plus the mouse wheel tilts left and right is wonderful. The side buttons are also very nicely shaped, sized and located. The only problem I have with them is compared to the rest of the mouse, they feel very mushy and the give very little tactile feedback. But, the buttons located by the LMB are much more tactile while still being perfectly places and sized. The led's on the side of the mouse are also very nice. They tell the charge (which was expected) but they also tell which of the five profiles you have set. And, while this may be standard in a lot for a lot of gaming-grade mice of today, I appreciate the on board memory profiles. The mouse in incredible responsive and accurate. The latency is extremely low and the pointer tracks very well. The battery life is ok. While I could be more conservative and run the request/second a bit lower, I want to use it to its full potential. And if I have to plug it in mid-game to charge, it isn't the end of the world. The cord on it is "heavy" and does drag a lot, it is still playable. The only other complaint I have so far about this mouse is how it just leaves my pinky finger out to hang, which isn't too much of a problem, it just took some getting used to.

The Software: While it is not perfect, it is the best software that I have personally used for this sort of application. Macros are easy to program and record, the visuals are nice, the UI is intuitive and responsive. It would be nice to have a couple more profiles and a few more levels of sensitivity per profile (the limit is five profiles and five senitivity levels per profile) it still allows enough customization to where it isn't that big of a deal. 

The Bottom Line: This is an extremely well made mouse, and while it isn't perfect and isn't for everyone, it is about as good as it gets for this price point. It would be nice to see the price be a bit lower to make it a little more competitive I still think it is well worth it. Whether you have big or small hands, as long as you are right handed you will enjoy this mouse. 

TL;DR: Wonderful mouse, not perfect but very very good. I recommend it. 

This is my review and my first post, and thank you for your time.

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

Nice review, very informative. What size hand would you say you are? I know you said it doesn't matter with this mouse, but just for reference.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Nice review, very informative. What size hand would you say you are? I know you said it doesn't matter with this mouse, but just for reference.

I would say I have a medium size hand for a guy, I thought I put that in there but I must have missed it. Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

• 10 months later...

good writeup

bought a deathadder yesterday but may return it for g700s

the has curves in all the wrong places... for me