Proper Graphics Card Temperatures? (GTX 660 ti)

Go to solution Solved by Lord Pantaloons,

So long as it's under 90c it's good, if you have good clean airflow and the card is clean then you should see anywhere between 68-75c under load depending on your ambient temperature.

Hello! I'm sort of a beginner, and I was wondering if there was a proper or good temperature to keep my GPU at. I'm using a GTX 660ti with the Asus DirectCU II cooler. I've also got clean, open airflow with little to no cable clutter if that information is needed.

In addition, is there a good or bad fan speed to leave it at? Using ASUS GPU Tweak, I just left everything on default with the fan speed set to Auto  :blink: . Any feedback or help would be appreciated, thanks!  :D

So long as it's under 90c it's good, if you have good clean airflow and the card is clean then you should see anywhere between 68-75c under load depending on your ambient temperature.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Ah okay, thanks  :D ! My ambient temperature settles right now around 22 degrees Celsius, and during the winter drops around 18 C.

I would assume it should be around mid 60s to mid 70's without any overclocking. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

the 660 TI throttles long before you reach unsafe temperatures. I like to keep mine under 80C but it's hard to get mine to go over 70C and mine even overvolts.

in theory anything below 100C is safe and I have seen notebook GPUs which are no different run at 120C 

unless you're pushing 1300MHZ+ on the core, you won't have any temp issues. I run at 1280 on my core and stay in the high 60s or low 70s under the heaviest games or stress tests

edit: my goal is to get mine up to 1337 MHz on the core, for very obvious reasons.

I would assume it should be around mid 60s to mid 70's without any overclocking. 

Okay, thanks! I'm assuming OCing GPUs increases heat the same way OCing a CPU increases heat.

the 660 TI throttles long before you reach unsafe temperatures. I like to keep mine under 80C but it's hard to get mine to go over 70C and mine even overvolts.

in theory anything below 100C is safe and I have seen notebook GPUs which are no different run at 120C 

unless you're pushing 1300MHZ+ on the core, you won't have any temp issues. I run at 1280 on my core and stay in the high 60s or low 70s under the heaviest games or stress tests

Okay. I don't think I'll be getting into pushing (overclocking?) just yet, I'm pretty happy with what I've got going now :D. Just making sure I'm not going to burn down my house or anything  :blink: