opinions on the asus gt640

Hi there everyone,

I was wondering how good id the Asus gt 640 graphics card. My dad bought me one yesterday to replace my frazzled radeon hd 5450. I just want to know some opinions.

Also would it run games like Euro truck simulator 2, Just cause and COD modern warfare etc.

Thanks

Ainsey11

By the way my specs are :

stock 1.8ghz amd sempron 2100

asus narra3 motherboard

3.25 gb RAM

windows xp 32 bit

2 x maxtor 80gb hdd's (ide)

1 x sata 45gb fujutsu

nzxt lighted sleeve

nzxt sentry 2 fan controller

2 dvd drives

and I have no Idea what my case is....

Rubbish build I know..... but it does me for now/

Break it. Put it back together.Then hope like hell it works. Failing that Use Gaffer Tape.... lots of it. If that doesn't work then either there isn't a problem or you haven't used enough gaffer tape,

You should be fine, the truck will be mince meat but cod has pathetic opthmizing with nvidia or black ops 2 in my experience as a 630 barely ran it but a radeon 6450 maxed it out. You should be fine in the games which dont use the cpu alot as it isnt very good

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

as the for the gpu it isnt bad but ti will not max every game out especially with that cpu. As long as your not playing bf3 or crysis then you dont really have much problems

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Thanks A lot - any idea what kind of temps it'll run at at full load? - most of my rig never gets above 35 degrees

Break it. Put it back together.Then hope like hell it works. Failing that Use Gaffer Tape.... lots of it. If that doesn't work then either there isn't a problem or you haven't used enough gaffer tape,

You should be fine, the truck will be mince meat but cod has pathetic opthmizing with nvidia or black ops 2 in my experience as a 630 barely ran it but a radeon 6450 maxed it out. You should be fine in the games which dont use the cpu alot as it isnt very good

COD will run on a toaster LOL. It's a modified version of a graphics engine developed for the PS2 for god sake LOL.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

COD will run on a toaster LOL. It's a modified version of a graphics engine developed for the PS2 for god sake LOL.

Black ops 2 where to start. firstly the game looks bad but a frog coded it for pc so it uses up more then it should be using and nvidia gpus in my experience struggle with it(that is a gt610 and a gt630)

Listen if you care.

Challenge accepted :)

Thanks A lot - any idea what kind of temps it'll run at at full load? - most of my rig never gets above 35 degrees

no idea about temps but you never need to worry unless it goes over 80oc. My guess would be 60-65oc

Listen if you care.

Challenge accepted :)

DONT TRY IT. mw2 and its tubing abilities didnt fare well. A burned blu ray is quite cool nevertheless.

Listen if you care.

That seems insanley hot to me - but I suppose temps like that are normal

Black ops 2 where to start. firstly the game looks bad but a frog coded it for pc so it uses up more then it should be using and nvidia gpus in my experience struggle with it(that is a gt610 and a gt630)

GT 610/630 is an ULTRA ULTRA low end card and is not really made for gaming. It's not fair to say that a game can't run on a crappy GPU therefore the game engine is unoptimized rather than realizing that the GPU is garbage for running even simple low graphical intensive games.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

GT 610/630 is an ULTRA ULTRA low end card and is not really made for gaming.

Now tell me why a ati radeon 6450 can max the game with 40fps. A radeon 6770(my best gpu at the moment) gets like 160fps. the 6450 is not for gaming but its funny how a gt630 which is better in every way struggles badly. My i7 2600 integrated(hd 200 if im correct) runs it better. Remember this is only Bo2 ive not had problems with any of the other games

Listen if you care.

You see, I dont game loads and loads but I do a lot of 3d animations on my desktop (where the gt 640 is gonna go) and when I game its usually euro truck simulator 2 but for some reason it always laggs and crashes when i'm in a city :/ don't know whether its my cpu or gpu - both are crap....

Now tell me why a ati radeon 6450 can max the game with 40fps. A radeon 6770(my best gpu at the moment) gets like 160fps. the 6450 is not for gaming but its funny how a gt630 which is better in every way struggles badly. My i7 2600 integrated(hd 200 if im correct) runs it better. Remember this is only Bo2 ive not had problems with any of the other games

Funny cause my powerful HD 7850 cannot get 160fps in that game. The 6450 will not max out Black Ops 2 with full 8x MSAA ect.

You see, I dont game loads and loads but I do a lot of 3d animations on my desktop (where the gt 640 is gonna go) and when I game its usually euro truck simulator 2 but for some reason it always laggs and crashes when i'm in a city :/ don't know whether its my cpu or gpu - both are crap....

The Gpu is not maeant to run games it's meant for watching movies and YT ect.

so you're saying the gt 640 wont be good for low end gaming - confused ..................

The Gpu is not maeant to run games it's meant for watching movies and YT ect.

i would show you but i only played during this free weekend and i guess it has a lot to do with the i7 2600 

Listen if you care.

so you're saying the gt 640 wont be good for low end gaming - confused ..................

That GPU is a slug and is no good for gaming at all.

i would show you but i only played during this free weekend and i guess it has a lot to do with the i7 2600 

Not saying it wont run a game but the performance and experience will suck.

so how come 

brownninja97

is saying it'll be fine for ets2 etc

and my whole build sucks so nothing new there then

so you're saying the gt 640 wont be good for gaming - confused ..................

For certain games and its mostly the cpu not the gpu. You can run every game on the planet but not on max. The 640 isnt the most powerful card ever but it should run every free to play game(not planetside on max that is a crazy game) maxed. For the 3d stuff it should be fine. I would recommend upgrading soon as XP is quickly losing support from everything quickly. You should be able to transfer the gt640 to a new computer easily as long as it isnt a slim pc. (slimline ps would look like a dell 660s and a standard size is about everything else)(DONT GET A ALL IN ONE PC or i will find you and make you sit in the naughty corner

Listen if you care.

so how come 

brownninja97

is saying it'll be fine for ets2 etc

and my whole build sucks so nothing new there then

Euro Truck Sim 2 looks pretty graphically intensive so I would say the GT 640 would be a slug in that game unless you are play @ below 720P without AA.

Not saying it wont run a game but the performance and experience will suck.

Thats a bit harsh. i lived with a 6450 for a long time and that ran many games in quite high settings. Freeman over here is being a troll

Listen if you care.

Euro Truck Sim 2 looks pretty graphically intensive so I would say the GT 640 would be a slug in that game unless you are play @ below 720P without AA.

Nope the game will run fine and if you have problems then switch it to dx9 and watch the performance explode

Listen if you care.

I dunno abotu you freeman but ive got a lot of experience with lower end cards so i know these kinda things 

Listen if you care.