Batman comics?

EmotionalSloth

So for some reason, I have recently gotten a sudden interest in comics, mostly batman. 

I currently own The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns and enjoy them quite a bit, can someone recommend me some more? I prefer them being sorta dark and gritty, if you get what I'm saying

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

I can recommend Batman: Whatever Happend to the Caped Crusader. It's really good, and it asks some pretty deep questions.

I'll recommend some more, but I have to find them in my collection first.

Edit: While it's not a Batman comic, and can recommend Final Crysis and the tie-in Batman R.I.P.

Batman: Vengeance of Bane is also a great comic.

Batman: Earth One is pretty cool.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I've only ever read the SPAWN comics. So i might as well bring that up  ^_^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I can recommend Batman: Whatever Happend to the Caped Crusader. It's really good, and it asks some pretty deep questions.

i cri evri time. 

It probably doesn't help that I'm listening to my favorite nostalgic song. Ugh. The ending to epic stories always get me. 

tumblr_m3lefu9yem1r3jc5z.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

i cri evri time. 

It probably doesn't help that I'm listening to my favorite nostalgic song. Ugh. The ending to epic stories always get me. 

tumblr_m3lefu9yem1r3jc5z.jpg

Sometime when I'm having a good day, you come along and make it a lot better, by making me laugh.

Edit: Reading it back, it sounds kinda mean.Just note that no mean intend was meant. 

After going through the rest of my Batman collection, here are my final recommendations:

Sometime when I'm having a good day, you come along and make it a lot better, by making me laugh.

Edit: Reading it back, it sounds kinda mean.Just note that no mean intend was meant.

It didn't sound mean to me. :) I'm glad I make your day better sometimes.

FYI, that "Try not to cry, cry a lot" is supposed to be Bolin from Avatar: Legend of Korra. I just think he looks a little like Damian in that one. Probably is because I watched Son of Batman last night.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It didn't sound mean to me. :) I'm glad I make your day better sometimes.

FYI, that "Try not to cry, cry a lot" is supposed to be Bolin from Avatar: Legend of Korra. I just think he looks a little like Damian in that one. Probably is because I watched Son of Batman last night.

This is going to derail a bit.

I never saw Son of Batman, and my only memory of Daimian is from Son of the Demon

411088-109486-batman_400.JPG

He isn't really old enough to be the guy in the picture, in this comic.

And I have never seen Avatar nor Legend of Korra. There is apperantly a lot I'm missing out on. 

-snip-

Yeah. It was more so the hair style that got it for me.

Son_of_Batman_cover.jpg

It was a good movie. Mostly. Lots of gore though. It probably has some similarities to that Son of the Demon arc.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was an amazing show. Like really. You usually don't expect much from "normal" cartoons in the US, but that show was great. Legend of Korra is sort of a sequel to that series and isn't as good imo, but had it's own interesting bits (mostly, it's very steampunk). I've only seen the first season though. I highly recommend both though.

The Last Airbender is 3 seasons and is over. Legend of Korra is about to have it's 3rd season I think.

† Christian Member †