good watercoolable ram?

Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

watercoolable ram? or is there good ram that doesnt come with a heat sink

Regardless of if water cooling RAM is worth it, all RAM should be water cooling capable. It's more about finding good RAM with heatsinks that are easy to remove and cheap. Some RAM modules have the heatsinks glued so tightly to the memory chips that removing the heatsinks results in ripping of some of the chips with it. Someone recommended you use Corsair Dominator Platinum and this is the perfect example of RAM you shouldn't use. You pay a high premium for the aesthetics and quality off the heatsinks plus they're stuck pretty tight to the memory chips. A quick search showed Corsair Vengeance and Kingstron HyperX RAM to have easily removable heatsinks.

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Filtered all RAM without heat spreaders:

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/memory/#h=0

From what I've seen, its not that hard to remove them and proceed to add your own...

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

I wouldn't recommend watercooling your RAM since it is pointless unless your'e doing major overclocking on it, but even then, passive air flow is good enough. EKWB makes a universal RAM waterblock that allows you to use any DIMM module. You've just got to take the heatsink off and and apply the waterblock. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17755/ex-blc-1337/EK_RAM_Monarch_DIMM_Module_-_2_Pack_-_Black_EK-RAM_Monarch_Module_-_Black_2pcs.html?tl=g57c605s2043

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

el cheapo RAM can come un-'sinked.

good RAM usually will have 'sinks that can be removed (pending no damage to the flash modules)

great RAM (dominators, well..) just have to pay for the convenience. cost-wise, not really a factor

to watercool, but aesthetics you usually have to pay more for.

There is no point in watercooling ram. Waste of money

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

haha wtf would you overclock ram??? never got that concept... is just to say (oh yeah bro I have watercooled ram its so ultra awesome) lol

Its all looks these days

haha wtf would you overclock ram??? never got that concept... is just to say (oh yeah bro I have watercooled ram its so ultra awesome) lol

pretty much haha

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Yeah would not bother watercooling ram, especially on haswell where oc'd ram can actually negatively affect your cpu oc. 

Regardless of if water cooling RAM is worth it, all RAM should be water cooling capable. It's more about finding good RAM with heatsinks that are easy to remove and cheap. Some RAM modules have the heatsinks glued so tightly to the memory chips that removing the heatsinks results in ripping of some of the chips with it. Someone recommended you use Corsair Dominator Platinum and this is the perfect example of RAM you shouldn't use. You pay a high premium for the aesthetics and quality off the heatsinks plus they're stuck pretty tight to the memory chips. A quick search showed Corsair Vengeance and Kingstron HyperX RAM to have easily removable heatsinks.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.