Mechanical Keyboard Buying Guide

douchecanoe

Hey guys, I've compiled a table of the most common or popular mechanical keyboards, and their different features, in the hopes it will fill a void that people seem to be having

Popular features for gaming such as backlighting and macro keys are their own columns, as well as size (Fullsize is standard 104key, TKL is 87key or tenkeyless, Compact is smaller like 75%, 60% etc.)

I8RAc.png

Click here for larger image

Most of these keyboards can be found at

- NCIX (Coolermaster, Corsair, Mionix, Razer, Filco, Steelseries, Das Keyboard)

- Newegg (Coolermaster, Corsair, Mionix, Razer, Steelseries, Rosewill, Das Keyboard)

- MechanicalKeyboards (Coolermaster, Razer, Corsair, Steelseries, Rosweill, Das Keyboard, Ducky, Vortex)

- EliteKeyboards (Leopold, Topre, Happy Hacking)

- KeyboardCo (Filco, UK & International)

- Vendio's eStore (Noppoo, Ducky, Keycool, HPE)

- TigerImports (Ducky)

- WASDKeyboards (Self explanatory)

As well, most of these keyboards can be found new or used on the Geekhack or Deskthority marketplaces

Let me know what you think!

Did I leave any keyboards out that you think should be included, should I make some more notes, or add some columns?

It's an excel spreadsheet so I can sort it whichever way is useful, I may make it available to download later

Thanks, very helpful. Think I will be going with the CM Storm Quickfire Pro as it is one of the few reasonably priced ones over here in the UK and has all the features i need.

Wow, great job man. Really well laid out, easy to read and very informative. :)

Thanks for the guide. Looking to buy a mechanical keyboard and this will come in handy!

Wow the table has a lot of info which I bet 99% of people would fine useful. Thanks for the list! But I'm just wondering... where is the Logitech G710+?

Just spent 10 minutes writing a thread and all I needed was here... Bugger

hello

hi a bit of a strange question but have Logitech stop selling the G710 as I cant seem to get one in the uk most sites say it has been discontinued ?

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

Thanks for the table! This will help me choose which keyboard i would want to get! (^_^)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Wow the table has a lot of info which I bet 99% of people would fine useful. Thanks for the list! But I'm just wondering... where is the Logitech G710+?
It's on the list, look closer!

Thanks for the feedback guys, might have to update it soon with some of the Thermaltake gear and some other boards coming out of CES, and I might add some Cherry boards as well

hi a bit of a strange question but have Logitech stop selling the G710 as I cant seem to get one in the uk most sites say it has been discontinued ?
No, it was actually just announced a couple months ago so it's not discontinued, however I couldn't find many for sale in UK either. You can find it on Amazon.co.uk, but it has an absurdly high price. It is on NCIX however, and you can get it shipped internationally, it will just cost more for shipping of course