Gaming PC help :D (switching from console)

Hello everyone

For christmas I decided to build my own gaming PC as I have spent pretty much my entire gaming career on Xbox and I got so fed up of bad framerates, ridiculous game prices, bad resolution and 5 year olds screaming at me through the chat and I was looking for alternatives so thats when I found loads of youtubers talking about how it would be good to kill your console and get a PC.

So I scraped together my money and set my budget at 1000 pounds so for you people in America thats around 1500 dollars.

As you can see thats quite a high budget build and I was wondering if you people could go on PC partpicker and make some builds for me as I dont know much about CPU's and cooling and cases and all that good stuff. (also would be great if you could go on PCpartpicker UK as this is where it shows me the prices in the UK).

I wont have any problems with building it as I have loads of friends that have already built their PC's and are ready to help so yeah it would be great if you could suggest some builds.

Some of the games I want to play:

Arma Series (especially arma 3)

Battlefield 4 and maybe Battlefield Hardline

Total War Rome 2 and Shogun 2

Team Fortress 2

Day Z

Planetside 2

Thief 

Sniper Elite Series

Grand Theft auto 5 (when it releases)

And one of my favourites which I played at my friends house on his PC Mount and Blade Series especially with all of the amazing mods out there.

Hope this info helped and lastly could you reccomend a  good keyboard (dont need a mouse already got one) and a 1080p monitor for around 100 pounds (170 dollars) also please can you reccomend one at 60 hertz and not bigger that 20 inches ( as it kinda hurts my eyes if its bigger).

Thanks everyone :D

ok so do you want to monitor and kb included in the 1000 pounds

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

why 60hz? A lot of people say 60hz hurts their eyes after long periods of gaming

Who says that?

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

why 60hz? A lot of people say 60hz hurts their eyes after long periods of gaming

well most monitors are at 60hz if ur getting a 120hz it will cost a lot more i think the cheapest one is around £300-400 and i have never heard of people saying it hurts their eyes

Cpu: i7 4770k

Gpu: Gtx 780

Ram: 16gb corsair dominator platinum

Cpu cooler: liquid h100i.... fan hyper 212

Motherboard get whatever the motherboard experts say lol

Get a samsung 840 evo 256gb ssd

get a 650 watt gold power supply I have evga supernova and it works great!

Get a 450d case :)

Its all looks these days

When I searched 60hz vs 75hz a few people were saying that for long periods of gaming 60hz was hurting their eyes

I think that may have been in the CRT days.

Wow thanks for all the quick replies :D THebman I really like it and luke-2bossly too

so reply to your comments thebman712 yeah sorry should have made that clearer the 1000pounds is just the pc not the monitor

Also I seemed to have kicked off a discussion about monitors :D 

In my opinion i thnk 60 hertz is fine as i dont want to blow  my budget on a 300 pound monitor maybe once i built the PC.

thanks for everything so far and if you have a build you wannna suggest put it in here 

When I searched 60hz vs 75hz a few people were saying that for long periods of gaming 60hz was hurting their eyes

They should try to lower their monitor's brightness. Something lots of people disregard.

But here's my suggestion. I haven't chosen an extra fan, and the case that I chose is just a placeholder. I would look around a bit more, see what you like. The build includes a display device and other peripherials such as a keyobard, a mouse (the mouse I don't know about but I have that same keyboard and it's great, they didn't have my mouse though) and speaker system (should be replaced if you don't have the space for a surround speaker system).

Oh, and I didn't pick any fancy cooling because I don't have the time right now to look into that.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/JcGross/saved/#savedbuild_1186657

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Thanks JCGross I have shown all my friends the builds all of you suggested and we have pretty much finished designing it and when im done and built it I will post some pictures and specs on here so all of you cann see the finished product

Thanks everyone :D