which motherboard

z97 asus sabertooth mark 2 motherboard or msi z97 gaming 7

Get the Sabertooth Z97 for long term Reliability/Satbilaty with out all the fancy features and a 5 year warrenty.

MSI Z97 Gaming 7 is more for Overclocking.

Ultimatly It comes down to which one you like more.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Get the Sabertooth Z97 for long term Reliability/Satbilaty with out all the fancy features and a 5 year warrenty.

MSI Z97 Gaming 7 is more for Overclocking.

Ultimatly It comes down to which one you like more.

thanks for the info. I also think the sabertooth looks more reliable but you know MSI is the only ones I can really get from my supplier. maybe if I order from local pc shop i can get the sabertooth z97. 

What about the asus gryphon. That's also on their tuf series and it's the cheapest. I don't need all the features of the higher end ones. According to assu comparison table the only thing I can see is that the gryphon comes with weaker audio chipset *I don't care because I have asus sound blaster z), less sata ports, less usb and no armor kit. I don't need most of that so is their anything else.

both are overkill, i would look for an MSI Z97 Gaming 5

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

both are overkill, i would look for an MSI Z97 Gaming 5

any specific reasons why?

I don't want to overspend as well for something that will only give me features I don't need. You know I only do the basic web browsing and gaming on my current pc. nothing to heavy on the system like video editing etc etc. i can get the ASUS z97 gryphon for a little bit more than the gaming 7

any specific reasons why?

I don't want to overspend as well for something that will only give me features I don't need. You know I only do the basic web browsing and gaming on my current pc. nothing to heavy on the system like video editing etc etc. i can get the ASUS z97 gryphon for a little bit more than the gaming 7

so you are the poster of this message but you use a different account? i'm lost...

anyway...the MSI z97 gaming 5 must have all the features you want...it supports sli as well as crossfire, overclocking, sata 3 USB 3 etc. killer lan ethernet solution, onboard amazing audio boost technology, it has all the features one might want...i wouldnt go any higher than this...AND if you are not interested in SLI/CFX you could even look at the MSI Z97 Gaming 3 motherboard...it has all the same great features only it does not support SLI...

if you prefer ASUS the Z97-A is somewhat the equivalent to the Gaming 5 and the Z97-P would be the other choice that won't support SLI...

If you are not an enthousiast overclocker that really need the best of the best those are the boards you should be looking at if like you say you don't want to overspend for features you don't need...past those board that i've mentionned you get gravy on top but the meal is the same.

This motherboard from MSI is also worth a look, it supports both SLI/CFX and overclocking, it's not in the gaming series so it won't have the lag killer ethernet chip and audio boost, but it is still a very good motherboard, shoudl be about the price of the gaming 3, but support SLI...

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z97G55_SLI.html#hero-overview

In any case, Asus Z97-A, MSI Z97 gaming 5 and this last Z97-G55-SLI should be the ones to check out IMHO, that way you won't rule out the possibilty in the future to use dual graphics card, you never know in 2 or 3 years down the road you may want to use that feature, with those you can.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

so you are the poster of this message but you use a different account? i'm lost...

anyway...the MSI z97 gaming 5 must have all the features you want...it supports sli as well as crossfire, overclocking, sata 3 USB 3 etc. killer lan ethernet solution, onboard amazing audio boost technology, it has all the features one might want...i wouldnt go any higher than this...AND if you are not interested in SLI/CFX you could even look at the MSI Z97 Gaming 3 motherboard...it has all the same great features only it does not support SLI...

if you prefer ASUS the Z97-A is somewhat the equivalent to the Gaming 5 and the Z97-P would be the other choice that won't support SLI...

If you are not an enthousiast overclocker that really need the best of the best those are the boards you should be looking at if like you say you don't want to overspend for features you don't need...past those board that i've mentionned you get gravy on top but the meal is the same.

This motherboard from MSI is also worth a look, it supports both SLI/CFX and overclocking, it's not in the gaming series so it won't have the lag killer ethernet chip and audio boost, but it is still a very good motherboard, shoudl be about the price of the gaming 3, but support SLI...

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z97G55_SLI.html#hero-overview

In any case, Asus Z97-A, MSI Z97 gaming 5 and this last Z97-G55-SLI should be the ones to check out IMHO, that way you won't rule out the possibilty in the future to use dual graphics card, you never know in 2 or 3 years down the road you may want to use that feature, with those you can.

I feel like a moron now. I was to quick on the posting. Meant to post in my own thread but had this open so i didn't look what topic it was so just ignore my posts for now

I feel like a moron now. I was to quick on the posting. Meant to post in my own thread but had this open so i didn't look what topic it was so just ignore my posts for now

no arm, the infos i've mentionned probably applies to the OP as well..this is pretty much true for every users, super high-end motherboard are wrong choices 99% of the times...since 99% of the users won't need that kind of motherboards.

no arm, the infos i've mentionned probably applies to the OP as well..this is pretty much true for every users, super high-end motherboard are wrong choices 99% of the times...since 99% of the users won't need that kind of motherboards.

Yeah i know people that will go for extreme motherboards with 4 way sli/crossfire and then they only add 1 mid range gpu.