Which Nas is better?

tronder

Hey guys, looking to buy a NAS for the first time, and ive come down to 2 products, Synology ds213j vs Readynas NV+ v2 RND4000.

Can you guys help in deciding what is better?, i like the synology DSM but never tried Readynas. 
Do you know if ready nas software supports on/off cycles like synology DSM?

Why not build your own?

I can help u build a cheap yet great performing NAS through PM

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Nah, too much hassle, im just looking for something nice with 2 to 4 bays, easy to use around $300 AUD mark

Nah, too much hassle, im just looking for something nice with 2 to 4 bays, easy to use around $300 AUD mark

Trust me, it will be better in the long run.

I can probably get it around that price. Be careful of some NAS's, some cheap ones will have VERY slow speeds.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

nah, i like DSM interface, but then the readynas looks nice not sure if its good tho

i would go for the synology nas, DSM is great and has a lot more functionality then the netgear nas.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

i would go for the synology nas, DSM is great and has a lot more functionality then the netgear nas.

YES... SYNOLOGY  is the BEST in the market till now. I just bought my SYNOLOGY DS1810+ after I returned the THECUS N7700Pro v2 for the seond time! (Its display screen always crash after you reboot 1-2 times!)