Shipping Rates (Help)

emachado99

First off let me just say.. Holy shit. Shipping is expensive!

I just sold an item on eBay for $110 to someone in the UK. In order for it to be shipped with tracking is with Canada Post is $50. Now what about customs? Where do I pay for customs and import stuff? The buyer wants to know how much fees and shipping is but I haven't shipped outside Canada before. Does someone know the process or could please help?

Thanks!

It costs about $150 to ship a 4 pound item to Australia from U.S.

It costs about $150 to ship a 4 pound item to Australia from U.S.

Aye that's really expensive. When Canada Post says $50 does that include the custom fee and whatever else? Or just the shipping fee?

I looked at that already but I don't want to use UPS. To costly. Also, when they give you a rate is it the shipping rate PLUS custom fees included?

its either UPS (more reliable), FedEx (they break everything), or DHL (they always come during work hours so you never can get your package)

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Aye that's really expensive. When Canada Post says $50 does that include the custom fee and whatever else? Or just the shipping fee?

Not sure. :(

What exactly did you sell?

When shipping internationally, you just pay the shipping. When it gets to the UK they will add the appropriate customs, duty, tax, etc. Then when it arrives to the buyer, they pay the extra fees.

You can ship it UPS to include these fees however it is almost always more expensive, and a rip off.

That's just the shipping.

its either UPS (more reliable), FedEx (they break everything), or DHL (they always come during work hours so you never can get your package)

Or Canada Post. You don't have to use one of the big three.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

What exactly did you sell?

When shipping internationally, you just pay the shipping. When it gets to the UK they will add the appropriate customs, duty, tax, etc. Then when it arrives to the buyer, they pay the extra fees.

You can ship it UPS to include these fees however it is almost always more expensive, and a rip off.

That's just the shipping.

Or Canada Post. You don't have to use one of the big three.

I sold a Blackberry Torch 9800. I was planning on using Canada Post as it is the cheapest, and they do a good job. So if I pay $50 for shipping, I just go to Canada Post and drop 'er off and then don't worry about anything else?

I sold a Blackberry Torch 9800. I was planning on using Canada Post as it is the cheapest, and they do a good job. So if I pay $50 for shipping, I just go to Canada Post and drop 'er off and then don't worry about anything else?

What a horrid phone. I had one and it was all right for the first bit and then it turned into the biggest....anyway..

Yes, Canada Post is what I'd use too. Exactly. He'll have to worry about the import fees and such when he goes to pick up the package. Just like anything I've ever purchased from another country.

If he wants a rough idea of what he's in for there are numerous calculators online, or he can call the post office there and they'll know the tariff amounts.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

What a horrid phone. I had one and it was all right for the first bit and then it turned into the biggest....anyway..

Yes, Canada Post is what I'd use too. Exactly. He'll have to worry about the import fees and such when he goes to pick up the package. Just like anything I've ever purchased from another country.

If he wants a rough idea of what he's in for there are numerous calculators online, or he can call the post office there and they'll know the tariff amounts.

Ok thanks! This really helped me! And yeah I know, the Blackberry was my mom's but she hated it after about 1.5 years... Like you said it turned into the biggest...anyway :P It was just collecting dust in her drawer because she got an iPhone last September and I just got around to sellin it :D

Yeah so looks like the whole transaction is not going to be going through. I re-listed the item because it turns out he is a scammer from Lagos, Nigeria. Millions of hits on a Google when I searched it. Wanted me to send him my PayPal address that we he can "Pay immediately" and he was apparently "buying on the behalf on a friend working at a refugee camp in Nigeria". Lol what a scam.

customs in the uk works on several things, you can go the illegal route and risk not declaring it as being over the threshold value so he wont pay customs, or you can declare it and he will be charged a percentage depending on what it is there are sever taxation rates, i bought a teslacoil from America was like £279 ish i had to pay £69 ish tax/import

9piil.png

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

First off let me just say.. Holy shit. Shipping is expensive!

I just sold an item on eBay for $110 to someone in the UK. In order for it to be shipped with tracking is with Canada Post is $50. Now what about customs? Where do I pay for customs and import stuff? The buyer wants to know how much fees and shipping is but I haven't shipped outside Canada before. Does someone know the process or could please help?

Thanks!

My previous post also here is a good calculator http://www.dutycalculator.com/

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Don't need it anymore. Read my last post :P

sorry :L i read the first sentence owell its a useful site for future reference atleast :L

Yeah so looks like the whole transaction is not going to be going through. I re-listed the item because it turns out he is a scammer from Lagos, Nigeria. Millions of hits on a Google when I searched it. Wanted me to send him my PayPal address that we he can "Pay immediately" and he was apparently "buying on the behalf on a friend working at a refugee camp in Nigeria". Lol what a scam.

Ah brutal, you'd think they'd have a way of protecting eBay from that.

Do you still have to pay for the cost of listing, or do they refund you because of the scammer?

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Ah brutal, you'd think they'd have a way of protecting eBay from that.

Do you still have to pay for the cost of listing, or do they refund you because of the scammer?

No eBay refunded everything luckily :)