CPU Upgrade Win 8

guas5373

Hello, I'm thinking of buying a i5 3570k to upgrade my dual core sandy bridge cpu. My question is if I will have any trouble with the operating system, such as having to reactivate again or system instability. I am not changing anything else, just the CPU.

Thanks.

P.S. I have installed the windows 8 "system builder" version.

nope you should be fine.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

You might have to reactivate, but I would doubt it. won't cause instability, most you should see is it asking you to redo with windows experience index thing.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

You most likely will not need to reactivate. The most likely scenario that you'd have to reactivate is switching motherboards.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Linus' tool kit video, carries an OS with him, that OS would have seen a whole bunch of Hardware, it's fine. You're alright.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

You will not have no issues whatsoever, just make sure your CPU is compatible with your MoBo.

Reactivate should be the only issue I hate Windows 8. If you are using a Z68 board i would recommend getting a Z77. I run a 3570K on a Z68X-UD3H-B3 and its very buggy because of the ivy bridge not being natively supported.

Reactivate should be the only issue I hate Windows 8.

Because it's linked to the hardware, right?

Ok. Thanks for the replies everyone!

Hello, I'm thinking of buying a i5 3570k to upgrade my dual core sandy bridge cpu. My question is if I will have any trouble with the operating system, such as having to reactivate again or system instability. I am not changing anything else, just the CPU.

Thanks.

P.S. I have installed the windows 8 "system builder" version.

You probably will have to reactivate as it counts as a "big change of hardware" and "might be a new PC" but as long as you have your key, there should be no problem [used the key I am using right now on 4 machines before I decided to go Win 8 on my mainrig ^^ ]

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...