Help me pick my new mechanical keyboard

MrPantsAreANoGO

Heyo everyone, I currently picked out three keyboards that I've liked so far. Insight to other keyboards would be greatly appreciated. I'm honestly looking for the best build quality first, then LEDs, if any at all.

Three choices:

WASD V2

DAS Keyboard 4 Professional (coming end of June)

and last, but not least

Ducky Shine 3

Let the discussion begin!

THANK YOU!

PS - I'm looking for Cherry MX Brown keys!

WASD Code Keyboard?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Just took a look at it, seems pretty nice! But sadly, they don't have brown.

I'm heading to bed right now, but I will check up on this thread first thing in the morning.

Thank you again for helping me out!

Corsair k70 rbg or non rbg

I have a g710+ and i love it

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Just took a look at it, seems pretty nice! But sadly, they don't have brown.

I'm heading to bed right now, but I will check up on this thread first thing in the morning.

Thank you again for helping me out!

It's great if you use the quote button in the bottom right of the post, that way they get a notification and see it, otherwise it's hard for him to see your post.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Das Keyboard Gets my vote

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Corsair k70 rbg or non rbg

I have a g710+ and i love it

Personally I do not like the design, so I will skip this keyboard, but thank you nontheless!

Personally I do not like the design, so I will skip this keyboard, but thank you nontheless!

really you dont like the look of the k70, ok so you like classic kbs, i personally think the the coolermaster quickfire keyboards are awesome

My Rig  

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

really you dont like the look of the k70, ok so you like classic kbs, i personally think the the coolermaster quickfire keyboards are awesome

They caught my eye at first, but, they seem to be of poorer build quality compared to the three I listed above. Which company would you suggest going with? I personally want the keyboard to last years, hence why I'm willing to spend so much. I also would like to have the keyboard to be basic enough to paint down the line without any problems (going over logos and such).

The Das Keyboard 4 seems very nice, but again, I'm not sure.

P.S. I'm ready to blow my head, I simply can't pick an effin keyboard, :(

They caught my eye at first, but, they seem to be of poorer build quality compared to the three I listed above. Which company would you suggest going with? I personally want the keyboard to last years, hence why I'm willing to spend so much. I also would like to have the keyboard to be basic enough to paint down the line without any problems (going over logos and such).

The Das Keyboard 4 seems very nice, but again, I'm not sure.

P.S. I'm ready to blow my head, I simply can't pick an effin keyboard, :(

the k70 will last years, it has amazing build quality, if i hadnt gotten a deal on the g710+ i would have gotten a k70 or k95 if you want macros

My Rig  

For pure build quality you should look at something from Ducky, CM Storm, Filco, Das, Realforce or Leopold. Aside from the switch of choice, it would help to know if you have any preference for the size of the keyboard: full-size, ten-keyless, 75%, 60%, macro keys, dedicated media keys?

For pure build quality you should look at something from Ducky, CM Storm, Filco, Das, Realforce or Leopold. Aside from the switch of choice, it would help to know if you have any preference for the size of the keyboard: full-size, ten-keyless, 75%, 60%, macro keys, dedicated media keys?

I could honestly care for macro keys and dedicated media keys. As for the size for the keyboard, I'm not sure. It can be full-size as well as ten-keyless. I'm hearing tkl versions are easier and more comfortable to use, in which case i would go with that if anything.

I also heard ducky made cheap keyboards 2 years ago, I'm guessing they drastically improved their quality control?

All your options are top quality.

Das Keyboard if you're going for a more "conservative" professional look.

Ducky Shine 3 for the flashy lights.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

All your options are top quality.

Das Keyboard if you're going for a more "conservative" professional look.

Ducky Shine 3 for the flashy lights.

Do you know if the LEDs they use are of top quality. I hate for one to burn on me after a few months of use. Thats why I was considering just going with non LED.

I could honestly care for macro keys and dedicated media keys. As for the size for the keyboard, I'm not sure. It can be full-size as well as ten-keyless. I'm hearing tkl versions are easier and more comfortable to use, in which case i would go with that if anything.

I also heard ducky made cheap keyboards 2 years ago, I'm guessing they drastically improved their quality control?

Ducky has always been good at quality. The Shine series is more of a flashy show-off line of boards. For more sturdier and professional option, Ducky has their Premier keyboards with thick PBT keycaps (way better than the common ABS caps). You can also buy Ducky's thick PBT caps separate, or Vortex's Bi-Color sets. That way you can buy the board you want and replace the stock caps with better ones.

CM Storm Quickfire series has keyboards in wide-variety of layouts and they are not too expensive. Ducky has normal size keyboards, ten-keyless and 60%, I believe. Filco has ten-keyless along with full-size. These three manufacturers are pretty easy to find and I believe they are all made by the same OEM and they are all known for their quality. I would recommend looking at their offerings and see if there's something the tickles your fancy. :)

Do you know if the LEDs they use are of top quality. I hate for one to burn on me after a few months of use. Thats why I was considering just going with non LED.

As far as I know there's not many reports of LED problems with them.

I have a tenkeyless one myself, 4 months and no issues so far.

However, with non LED keyboards you can always get thicker keycaps (made of PBT plastic) that don't get shiny/sticky/slippery as fast as regular keycaps (made of ABS plastic). You can still use them with keyboards with LEDs but the thicker plastic makes it hard for the light to shine through so its a bit counter productive.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Ducky has always been good at quality. The Shine series is more of a flashy show-off line of boards. For more sturdier and professional option, Ducky has their Premier keyboards with thick PBT keycaps (way better than the common ABS caps). You can also buy Ducky's thick PBT caps separate, or Vortex's Bi-Color sets. That way you can buy the board you want and replace the stock caps with better ones.

CM Storm Quickfire series has keyboards in wide-variety of layouts and they are not too expensive. Ducky has normal size keyboards, ten-keyless and 60%, I believe. Filco has ten-keyless along with full-size. These three manufacturers are pretty easy to find and I believe they are all made by the same OEM and they are all known for their quality. I would recommend looking at their offerings and see if there's something the tickles your fancy. :)

As far as I know there's not many reports of LED problems with them.

I have a tenkeyless one myself, 4 months and no issues so far.

However, with non LED keyboards you can always get thicker keycaps (made of PBT plastic) that don't get shiny/sticky/slippery as fast as regular keycaps (made of ABS plastic). You can still use them with keyboards with LEDs but the thicker plastic makes it hard for the light to shine through so its a bit counter productive.

The PBT seems very interesting, I'll take a look and update you peepz shortly.

*EDIT* They look very nice, wish that the 3rd style (all grey), would be available, but whatevever. The keyboard is definitely tickling my fancy.

Would these duckys be considered better quality than WASD for instance. I do like the das mainly for its alumminum top tray.

Had my Shine since January and it's easily the best keyboard I've ever owned. Upgraded from a K60 that I got on a really nice sale from NCIX.

I have a Shine 3 with blue switches. It's awesome.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

So out of those 4, including the premium ducky with PBT and dye-sub keys, would you say is of the upper most quality. All of them have little bits of personality such as the das with its aluminum top, the ducky with its pbt keys, the wasd with its customizable flair, and the ducky 3 with its programmable lighting.

snl-jim-carrey-black-swan1.png

So out of those 4, including the premium ducky with PBT and dye-sub keys, would you say is of the upper most quality. All of them have little bits of personality such as the das with its aluminum top, the ducky with its pbt keys, the wasd with its customizable flair, and the ducky 3 with its programmable lighting.

snl-jim-carrey-black-swan1.png

Can't really go wrong with any of them. I would just add that WASD also has bare-bones keyboards (without caps) so you could get one of those and then get the caps of your choice for it.

Ducky shine 3 looks awesome.

Dunno why his cap locks doesn't light up, aren't they suppose to?

maxresdefault.jpg

I think I have decided

Filco Majestouch 2 (covert though)

800px-Filco_Majestouch_2_tenkeyless_UK_I

Logitech G 710+ has Brown keys also and a robust amount of options built onto keyboard.

The Roccat Ryos has a line with brown keys too and I really liked the looks of that keyboard line. the Three gaming buttons below the spacebar is a great feature for gaming / voice coms ect  much easier to hit then using your pinky on a Gkey. 

I had the roccat arvo keyboard awhile back and while i didn't like the compact layout of that specific model i did really enjoy those 3 thumb buttons it had same as the ryos. 

both are mechanical offerings from two other companies. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block