Really, BELL?

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

For those that lives in Canada, you ought to know that we are limited in term of the amount of Internet Service Provider (ISP) we can choose from. BELL and ROGERS are pretty much the two dominant ISP in this country. We are paying insanely high price for our internet and cable TV services (Cellular phone services too, but let's not get into that), and we even have the bandwidth limit that limits us to transfer a certain amount of GB per month before being charge extra (http://www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Internet_access). Their reason being to keep service quality high.

THE PROBLEM

So this morning my Internet, and TV suddenly stopped working. Being quite tech savvy, I manged to find the cause. My home phone number has been changed. It has changed to another number I have never seen before. So I called BELL, and after an hour of hold music, they told me that "One of our technician might have switched the cable around." Basically my phone number is with some body else and I have some body else's phone number.

So I asked them when can I get this fixed? They replied calmly "Earliest we can do is tomorrow morning." At this point I was mad, and rightfully so. I demanded them to find out who it was that "switched the cable around" and have them come and fix this today, I don't care if it is off hours, they have to be responsible for their own mistakes.

After an hour of holds, they said it was "impossible" for them to send anyone today, and offered a compensation. Their compensation being 1 day off from our BELL bill (like... yea..  This is NOT compensation).

SO...

I am paying $150 a month for their services. One day, one of their technician messed up and caused me problems, yet, no one was held responsible?  I don't want an apology from that technician, I don't want to discredit him, I just want my services back. I had nothing to do with this, unless cooking bacon can messed up the cable. How can they have no response team for this? Isn't Internet bandwidth limit supposed to be for higher quality services?

Just wanted to share my experience out there... and hope you guys have better luck than me.

I am not letting this go unanswered  :wub:

Telus and Shaw are the big boys out here.  :)

Telus and Shaw are the big boys out here. :)

I think me saying Canada in general was a mistake. I have to say in Ontario or specifically Toronto. I cant get telus or Shaw internet here.

Same situation though. 2 big boys and a few smaller ones to choose from.

Oh well. 24 hours without internet... Funny thing is that i just watched Linus live stream and he mentioned about what would happen if one day the internet was shut off...and waddaya know. Lol

Yeah, Bell is the worst. Their customer service sucks and the actual service is decent, at best. Where do you live in Ontario? Maybe you could give TekSavvy a try or something...

well at least there's two there

here its .... telstra and uuumm telstra

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Yeah, Bell is the worst. Their customer service sucks and the actual service is decent, at best. Where do you live in Ontario? Maybe you could give TekSavvy a try or something...

I am in Toronto. I have tried TekSavvy but unfortunately they do not have services on my condominium.

Only thing i like about Bell right now is their Unlimited Internet. :D. I like the customer service attitude though, just not their procedures and priorities.

I am in Toronto. I have tried TekSavvy but unfortunately they do not have services on my condominium.

Only thing i like about Bell right now is their Unlimited Internet. :D. I like the customer service attitude though, just not their procedures and priorities.

Doesn't Rogers offer the "unlimited Internet" thing now too?

Doesn't Rogers offer the "unlimited Internet" thing now too?

I have no idea. I just kinda give up on switching back And forth between Rogers and Bell. If i could go TekSavvy I would, so much cheaper. Even my Bell Router right now is horrible. Wifi signal cant get pass the fridge LOL

Yeah you gotta learn where to fight.  Realize they are never going to insta-fix something like this no matter how hard you complain.  That means the battle is not trying to convince them to do this but to get some free service.  You coulda gotten a month free maybe 2 had you played your cards right and spent less time trying to get them to fix it and more time saying "compensate me".  

Yeah you gotta learn where to fight. Realize they are never going to insta-fix something like this no matter how hard you complain. That means the battle is not trying to convince them to do this but to get some free service. You coulda gotten a month free maybe 2 had you played your cards right and spent less time trying to get them to fix it and more time saying "compensate me".

This is exactly what i am doing. They are fixing it tomorrow and told me compensations will have to be talked over after the issue was fixed. I am not paying for this month services period. If they dont like it fine, im not using them anymore. Just the fact that i have to call back to get compensation irritates me.

This is exactly what i am doing. They are fixing it tomorrow and told me compensations will have to be talked over after the issue was fixed. I am not paying for this month services period. If they dont like it fine, im not using them anymore. Just the fact that i have to call back to get compensation irritates me.

Yeah I hear ya.  Im an absolute jerk when it comes to this stuff personally.  If my internet is out for an hour when I am trying to use it I am getting a free month not just for internet but for phone and cable TV as well.  Its always worked for me but I just have high standards for this stuff.  If its not a planned outage that I get 30 days notice on Im getting a free month.  

So they offered me $3 compensation... yea.. 3 bucks. No matter how hard I argue with them. I already placed a cancel order. Not returning to Bell ever again.

So they offered me $3 compensation... yea.. 3 bucks. No matter how hard I argue with them. I already placed a cancel order. Not returning to Bell ever again.

They let you cancel knowing you were displeased with their service and did not offer a month?  Man,  canada is ganstah.  You try to cancel service somewhere in the US and they have entire departments there to try to keep you from doing it.