PC Randomly black screens and freezes

ThyFeared

So this has happened twice in the past 10 minutes and i've no clue why. I had Minecraft, Firefox, and iTunes open. My Specs are :

• CPU
    Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD2 Micro ATX LGA1150
  • RAM
    Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
  • GPU
    XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition
  • PSU
    Corsair 430W ATX12V
It has happened multiple times and it's getting quite annoying. Also when it freezes it keeps playing music for a little bit but then it freezes it. Also before I posted this the music kept playing and it just stayed at a black screen.

It could possibly be a virus or malware? do you have a malware scanner such as malware bytes or an antivirus software such as avast

My Desktop

Asus Maximus Formula VI-Intel 4770k-Gigabyte GTX 760-2x4GB-8GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro Ram-Samsung 840 EVO

It could possibly be a virus or malware? do you have a malware scanner such as malware bytes or an antivirus software such as avast

I have Malware bytes and i've scanned multiple times :| but i've yet to get an anti virus

Backup important files and reformat.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

How would I do that?

Do you have anything to backup to like a USB flash drive or external hard drive?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Do you have anything to backup to like a USB flash drive or external hard drive?

I have my 1TB external HDD

How would I do that?

Put your c disk drive data on an external hdd or if you have multiple hdd's in your rig then backup to one, fresh install windows and format your boot drive that you used previously being carefull not to format your backup if it is on an internal hdd

Backup important files and reformat.

My Desktop

Asus Maximus Formula VI-Intel 4770k-Gigabyte GTX 760-2x4GB-8GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro Ram-Samsung 840 EVO

Use that and backup your c drive, first you should get an antivirus like avast and try to scan your pc

My Desktop

Use that and backup your c drive, first you should get an antivirus like avast and try to scan your pc

I'm currently doing that.

Ok goodluck and hopefully it will solve it.

I'm currently doing that.

My Desktop

COPY your important files to it if you haven't already. Copy, not cut.

Do you have an OS disc?

COPY your important files to it if you haven't already. Copy, not cut.

Do you have an OS disc?

Yeah I have an OS disc

sounds like it could also be an overheating issue have you checked your temps? when was the last time you cleaned the PC of dust?

My CPU is idling at 44C, and my GPU is at 46C. I cleaned dust 2 days ago.

It's really hot in my room because the sun is usually on my side of the house.

My CPU is idling at 44C, and my GPU is at 46C. I cleaned dust 2 days ago.

It's really hot in my room because the sun is usually on my side of the house.

What are your load temps? run prime95 or another program like that and watch your temps

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

What are your load temps? run prime95 or another program like that and watch your temps

So I downloaded Prime95 but which tests should I run?

I would set it to Small FFT since it is the most CPU intensive test

How long do I run the tests?

How long do I run the tests?

keep it on for atleast an hour though for a true stress test you want to run it for 12hrs but since you are just checking temps 1-2 hours will be fine it will run your CPU at 100% the hole time

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

keep it on for atleast an hour though for a true stress test you want to run it for 12hrs but since you are just checking temps 1-2 hours will be fine it will run your CPU at 100% the hole time

Just make sure to keep an eye on it in case overheating is the problem, you dont want it overheating more than it might have

My Desktop